December '07 Photo Contest

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:bouncer: It's photo contest time again!!

December's photo contest theme will be ANGEL FISH!!

Winner will receive a Custom Clock with their photo on it! This gift is donated by Raf and Diana! In addition, the winning photo will be paraded on our home page for one month :thumbup:

Please review the entry regulations below and have fun!!

Rules:
1) One photo per contestant,
2) Photo subject matter must be from the member's tank (or household tank) and must be an Angel Fish,
3) Photos that have previously won any other contest are not allowed,
4) Photos MUST be uploaded to the December '07 Photo Contest gallery by midnight (EST) November 30th!

Sorry, no moderators or administrators allowed to participate in this contest.

A voting poll for all submitted photos will be available December 1st and will remain open through the 8th.

Once you upload your photo into the December '07 Photo Contest gallery, please post it here in this thread so we can see it!

Karma to all contestants~~ :)

Last edited:

Frankie

RS STAFF
Can i use a picture of an angel i once had? And is this limited to saltwater only or can freshwater angels be used also?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Yes, you can use a photo of an angel fish you once had.

Hummm... well, we do have a freshwater fish forum here so I say, yes, both freshwater and saltwater angel fish may be submitted :)

prow

man, could not have picked a harder fish to get a shot of. my swallowtail angel is alway on the move and twitching all the time. but i will try:D.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Well it just happens that I acquired a pair of female Genicanthus semifasciatus (Japanese Swallowtail Angel).

I'm housing two females in my tank and hopefully within 6 months, the dominant female will metamorphisize into a male.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/saltwater-fish/24380-fish-sex-change-tank.html

Here's one of my girls...

DSC00494.jpg

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
I found this link on the marine center

Masked Swallowtail Angel

They sell these angels for $149 a piece.

Their AVAILABILITY NOTE says...
Jump on it immediately when available!

I picked up my swallowtails for $100 for the pair! :whstlr:

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
I found this link on the marine center

Masked Swallowtail Angel

They sell these angels for $149 a piece.

Their AVAILABILITY NOTE says...
Jump on it immediately when available!

I picked up my swallowtails for $100 for the pair! :whstlr:

I have no idea where my LFS picked up this pair, but the more I research these fish, the more I see how difficult they are to come by.

Here's a fish supplier in the Netherlands selling a medium sized female for 125.00€ (euros) which equals $183.

www.directsealife.com

From the Marine Center:
Availability: ORDER IMMEDIATELY if you want one. these are rarely available, typically only one at a time!

If you Google genicanthus semifasciatus, my Reef Sanctuary page is listed on the fourth page of Google... how cool is that!

ggog.jpg

Last edited: