Cuttlefish Eggs!!

JandR

Does the new baby do any swimming yet?

Not really. He mostly sits at the bottom but has walked a few steps. Every now and again he will swim for about 3 seconds lol. My kids were playing a dancing game on the wii and it was shaking te tank a little and he swam up on a piece of macro algea it was so cute lol

I took some pictures tonight I will post tomorrow but since he has gotten out of the egg the other 2 have been watching him from the inside. Its really cute.

steved13

PREMIUM
Cool article Terry, That video of the octopus is unbelievable, I watched about 10 times and still couldn't beleive it.

JandR

Have not had time to upload pics yet this morning because we are getting ready to go to a family thing but another one hatched last night!!! Its one out of my boyfriend's tank. I knew it was older then my two I have left but I had no idea that he was about to hatch like I did the other one lol.
Anyways, he is a fiesty one. We were trying to put some chaeto in there for him and he went flying up to the top of the tank and was going crazy. He also inked when Justin tried to get his egg out of the tank. he is staying alot more dark red then the other one, we need to name them so we can keep them apart!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Steve - the camouflage on these things are really amazing! I had to watch that one a few times too.

the Deedo - thanks for the video post. You were correct - I had to watch it a few times! I'd never considered that a cuttlefish would consider another Cephalopod as food - that was really a quick grab of that octopus!

JandR - good news on the BF's egg hatching! Hopefully you can get us a picture of that one too.

JandR

OK just got bak from doing the family get together. So here are the pics of the new one.

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

JandR

Here are some more of the oldest one.

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

In the last pic you ca get a comparison of how big he is against a strand of chaeto and the other macro algae is some grape kind, not sure of the real name, I forgot.

JandR

Yeah I have been wanting to make a video of them. When I get them eating I will try to video that. :thumbup: