Cuttlefish Eggs!!

JandR

Sooo this morning my Boyfriend turns his lights on and says " haha I have 2 cuttlefish" I was really excited cause that is #3. Then while he is gloating and rubbing it in my face that he has two in his tank. Iturn on my lights and look in and there sits 2 little cuttles an I about fell over! 2 hatched in one night!!! Then he came over to look at him and out comes a 3rd from behind the eggs and dances a little on the bottom before he sits down.

SOO all eggs have hatched!!!! I am so happy but still nervous. Even though we got through that hurdle we still have to get all5 to eat!! I am supposed to be recieving mysis today but I tried someone new so I am hoping they are all alive when I receive them!! If not I am going to try to go get some triggerpods tonight.

I tried to feed mine yesterday. I know they can go up to 2 weeks with out eating but I wanted to see him eat so I would worry so much lol. So I tried amphipods, copepods, brine shrimp, and a fish fry and nothing (Out of mysis) so maybe in a couple days the oldest onewill show signs of eating.

Oh on a side note. I can tell who is who right now because of where they are sitting and my cuttle is in "his" spot but after they move we will have no idea who is who because they all look identical... And Justin'snew baby is walking and swimming all over the place and mine are perfect little angels, even thouh I would prefer to see some movement they just sit and hide alot.

theDeedo

ohhhh I am so envious. CONGRATS!!!

Hey where do you get all your food from? is it a petstore or do you have a private breeder or seller? Please share...

JandR

Thanks guys!! I get my food fromlosts of places lol. This last time when I ordered mysis I got them from AquacultureStore.com which I have heard mixed reviews with butthey are fairly cheap and I ordered a small amount just to see how they would do.

I get brine (which I give to myfish as treats lol) from a pet shop around here. and amphipods I have been breeding in a breeder net ith some chaeto, but my lfs cleaned all those off thier filter sponge and gaved them to me tostart breeding lol.

As for the fish fry.... My BF just got a baby lion fish and he will not take anything right now except feeder guppies, thats whathe was getting at another lfs. So we have a small tank set up for feeder fish and one just happened to have babies, so I put the babies in acritter keeper just to see if they may take them. I know feeder guppies are not very good for saltwater fish but if they take those or brine shrimp I will just be happy that they are eating then try to move them on to something else more healthy.

JandR

Well for some reason my mysis are not going to be in today :confused:

So hopefully they will be intomorrow but I am still going to go get some triggerpods and see what happened with those. They just are soo small and I am worried I will put them in and they will float right out lol

Uslanja

Hi JandR! 100% hatch rate is fantastic! Pictures of your little ones feeding would be real nice to see!!

JandR

Yeah I know I am glad they all hatched. As for pics of them eating... I may have one or two!!! My mysis came in today and as soon as I put some in there, Nubbins (the oldest one) grabed one before I could get my camera. I did get some pics of a mysis in his mouths although unfortunatly it was with the camera that doesnt have a micro lens soo they are kinda blurry. But at least he ate!! I came in after about an hour and looked and one of the new ones was striking at onebut never got him so at least they are showing signs of eating. Then a little bit later anoher one had on in his mouth but I couldnt tell which is which.

Iam still thinking of names but one of the youngest two is a real ham. He will follow the other two around and sit on their heads :laughroll its so cute. I started scrubing the tank a min ago before I did a water change and it was making the water wavey an one of them inked ={ but I think they are ok now just a little scared.

JandR

Yes I am very excited!! I am uploading pics right now to photo bucket. Will post when they get done
:snshne: :snshne:

JandR

This ismy ne favorite pic!!!

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Here is all three they are huddled together kind hard to see
IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Ths is Nubbins eating:
IMG_0177.jpg

I hope I am not updating and adding too many pics... I dont want yall to get tired of it lol. I cant help mylf but to look at them non stop.