Conflicted

noon6

It's actually a Frogspawn and I have already moved it to a rock with a little more clearance around it. Thanks for the tip BigAl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I see that I was looking at the wrong coral when I was trying to name it LOL! I was referring to the coral on the sandbed to the left of your purple plate coral.

My apology there.

noon6

That is a long tentacle plate or at least that's what I was sold! So the other one is actually a Frogspawn and not a Torch?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That is a long tentacle plate or at least that's what I was sold! So the other one is actually a Frogspawn and not a Torch?

That is correct. It is a true (and very nice one) Branching FrogSpawn Euphyllia paradivisa. I was looking at your LT Plate Coral and kept saying, "No way that's a froggie" LOL

noon6

Well I took the plunge and after a 2 week period I switched out my crushed coral for sand. I used Aragonite Seafloor Special and although it was quite the task I had no ill effects to any livestock and it looks like not even a mini-cycle. I want to thank all of you for your assistance and guidance through this, it was well worth the trouble and I will never make the mistake of using crushed coral again! Here is a picture of the finished product.

368a3e8a5cc528f2edba5fa0faa145f8.jpg