Conched's RSM 250

Conched

Well, I had my first set back this week. My jumbo sized skunk cleaner is missing. The only trace was 2 antenae otherwise no remains. I do have a big fire shrimp but I do not think he could have consumed the entire body. I don't think I have any pistol shrimp but a mantis is a good possibility. I have not heard the tell tale pistol shrimp popping but for some reason I seem to think I heard some clicking which the mantis shrimp will sometimes make when they are agitated. I would really like to figure this out, I hate not having a skunk cleaner in the mix. Interesting thing is there are two peppermint shrimp in there which would have made much easier meals as they are a 1/4 the size of the cleaner. The poor gut did not last a week. Sorry for the rambling.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
How long has it been missing? Wait a day or two - it's possible it molted and the rest of the molted skin may be where you can't see it. After they molt they hide out a while till their new skin hardens. Hopefully there's no mantis in the tank.

kyley

Hey Conched,
How are things going with your tank? Just found your thread... Looks like you started just a day or two after me. How are things progressing? Take care,
--Kyle