Clown Fish Breeding Tank

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
And it looks like they like their clay pot already!
My clowns have a whole rockscape to explore and all they mostly care about is that mini-terra cotta clay pot. What is it about clay pots that clowns like & other fish don't :ponder2:

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Good luck, I'll be watching with hopeful anticipation. My black & white pair evidently are not interested in procreating, just dancing and bickering.

Last edited:

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Good luck, I'll be watching with hopeful anticipation. My black & pair evidently are interested in procreating, just dancing and bickering.

This tank is in the basement where I have a nice stereo system with an IPOD piped into it. Soon there will be nothing but Barry White on the IPOD playing 24/7. So either they will love each other or they will hang themselves with air line tubing. :angel3:

Mike Johnson

24/7? I'm thinking you better remove the airline tubing. How about switching it up with some Bad Company, Ready For Love?

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
24/7? I'm thinking you better remove the airline tubing. How about switching it up with some Bad Company, Ready For Love?

I thought I was the only one who remembers Bad Company. Mike if you're ever in Jersey look me up. Drinks are on me!

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
These two fish are some of the pickiest eaters I've ever kept! Does anyone have any suggestions on what clowns normally LOVE to eat?

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Good one Mark. Funny how the female always hogs the pot, similar to mine.

Mike Johnson

These two fish are some of the pickiest eaters I've ever kept! Does anyone have any suggestions on what clowns normally LOVE to eat?

My clown love Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flakes. She doesn't get it everyday, but goes crazy when she does. She loves flakes. Also feed her Hikari frozen brine shrimp.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
My clown love Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flakes. She doesn't get it everyday, but goes crazy when she does. She loves flakes. Also feed her Hikari frozen brine shrimp.

I have those flakes and so far no dice. The did seem to love frozen clams thatI cut real small. I've noticed that if the food is just a tiny bit to big for their mouths, they just spit it out. They are small yet so who knows, maybe they will turn into a couple of pigs and eat just about anything.

Akshay

Wow... this is nice & I am following this thread for sure. Any eggs till now?
Just a quick question... are you planning to raise the hatch in the same tank itself?
If so how will you ensure that they don't end up in the plumbing and down into the sump?

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Wow... this is nice & I am following this thread for sure. Any eggs till now?
Just a quick question... are you planning to raise the hatch in the same tank itself?
If so how will you ensure that they don't end up in the plumbing and down into the sump?

Sorry, I didn't see this until now:hammerhea

I'm planning on trying to raise the fry if they ever get busy and love each other:)

I'm told that white worms are a sure fire way to get them to spawn and I just received a small 2oz culture of them. The worms are happily munching away in their new Ziplock condo. As soon as they reproduce enough to be used as a food source, I'll begin using them as food and see what happens:)

I have a 10 gallon on standby if the clowns ever do spawn. The plan is to have them spawn on the flower pot then pull that from the tank and put it into the 10 gallon to hatch. A lot of "ifs" in this en devour:)