catching a fish

Shells

HI!!! :angel3:

I'm trying to catch my Salfin. Can you'll give me some pointers please??!!

I've got a trap in there that I bought that has a 'trap door'. but the
fish in question will not go near it.

My LFS suggested to get a big net, 10", and a stretched out wire hanger to
scare the fishes out from behind the rock, and then trap the fish in question
between the front glass and the net.....whats you'lls opinion on that and
do you have any other suggestions??
thanks a bunch in advance!!!!

Shellie

PS the reason I'm trying to catch him is, that I want to put some different
Tangs in there that have a better personallity.......

Yarr

some fishi ahve had to completely remove all the rockwaork and stuff form the tank to catch them.. hopefully u ahve better luck than me. usually bait them with food in the net and scopp them quickel;y... takes a lot of patience tohugh

Witfull

ive had great success using a plain old specimen container, like they use at LFS. put it in the tank, holding it and feed the fish lightly. then put food inside the container,.,greedy fishies swim in and wha-la. same can be done with a net....

as for scaring the fish,,,very stressful,,,and prolly wont work.

mkpaulson

I used one of those trapdoor traps to catch my tangs sometimes you need to leave the tap in the tank for a couple of days so they become used to it, and when you feed try little bit of food in and around the trap. I know this won't help if you need to remove them because their sick but if you just want to get rid of them give the trap a few more days.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have a fish trap also. Its success is dependent on the points Mark mentioned above.

catfish

i know one person up my way who spend 4 hours ,trying to catch a fish,using the big net, smart fish i say!!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Been there, done that... I was piping mad too! It was a damsel... I still vividly remember ...:verymad: