BUILDING A DREAM....Dream 2.0

MrReefNoob

Thank you to each and everyone for following my journey and looking forward to all your company in 2013.
D7094991-1ADC-4BCD-9F67-6449403077B5-4889-000005EB810B09E3_zpsfca8f2d6.jpg

MrReefNoob

Update...

New Year resolution...:D
I will do more and regular testing without being lazy :headwally:
So in preparation things are taking a digital turn.

FFD42C0D-6494-4C72-B144-216FB5537AD5-5854-0000073975DAB5A0_zpsc1b6b3f7.jpg

The "Trio"
2E997DA8-6838-4EEB-BFF2-9A7DCAF8C708-5854-000007398399729C_zpsbf2f4810.jpg

And there will be some more "tech/equipment" updates coming soon on my lil reef....soon :)
Stay tuned.

Pawlu

Great looking tank, to me this is the new era in reef tank design, more effort put on strategic aquascaping vs building a huge rear rubble wall. Better water flow and overall healthier tank then the traditional crammed over use of live rock.

Nice job!!

Pawlu

How do you find those Hanna instruments, I am not convinced yet that they are any easier or more efficient to use than regular liquid test kits. They are definitely more expensive to run and require calibration.

Choff

The phosphate is imo a must have. Alk is easy to use, but so are other ones. I think the calc is one of would avoid. It's very tedious and very easy to do wrong. I strongly prefer my RS calc test over it.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

MrReefNoob

Great looking tank, to me this is the new era in reef tank design, more effort put on strategic aquascaping vs building a huge rear rubble wall. Better water flow and overall healthier tank then the traditional crammed over use of live rock.
Nice job!!

Hi Pawlu,
Thanks a lot for the kind comments. You are right, I wanted to go minimalistic where the SPS will be the stars of my reef :)

MrReefNoob

How do you find those Hanna instruments, I am not convinced yet that they are any easier or more efficient to use than regular liquid test kits. They are definitely more expensive to run and require calibration.
Hi Pawlu,
I really like the PO4 checker. I have been using it for couple of months now. Though it's not as simple as using drops but I like the fact it removes the guess work with the values compared to the test kits.
Consistency can be an issue but I guess if you get all the reagent into the vial and wipe the bottle free of fingerprints then the test values are consistent. When in doubt I do test twice.
It doesn't require any calibration.
The testing is not a breeze but, No pain no gain...right?

MrReefNoob

The phosphate is imo a must have. Alk is easy to use, but so are other ones. I think the calc is one of would avoid. It's very tedious and very easy to do wrong. I strongly prefer my RS calc test over it.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Hi Choff,
Thanks a lot for the input. Since I'm a newbie at digital testing I won't be totally relying on the meters. I will also on and off get the parameters checked with the test kits.

Pawlu

I'm going to have to invest in more digital testing equipment, I thought the Hanna's needed calibration, but good to know they do not.

tommyboynj

Coming along nicely. I need to get at least the po4 checker. That's the test I have yet to find easy to read on any regular test kit. I got a digital refrac for Xmas and love it.

MrReefNoob

Coming along nicely. I need to get at least the po4 checker. That's the test I have yet to find easy to read on any regular test kit. I got a digital refrac for Xmas and love it.
Hi tommyboynj,
Thanks a lot the compliment.
The digital refractometer is definately handy. Iv been getting consistent readings with mine too.
Happy testing!! :)

MrReefNoob

Starting off the 2nd Phase upgrades...I got some decals made as part of "getting the tech into display" theme :)
I owe a big thanks to Allen from Reef Bytes for the effort and helping me out in this. Thanks AL!!
They are on their way and will update once I receive them :D

4E857988-6363-4AE1-A0B1-9FC9E93D9B60-13539-000011F69B77FA50_zps030daba1.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think you'll be pleased with them. I was thrilled when my graphics company showed them to me. They turned better than I had imagined.

We can't wait to see your system all pimped out :)

MrReefNoob

I think you'll be pleased with them. I was thrilled when my graphics company showed them to me. They turned better than I had imagined.

We can't wait to see your system all pimped out :)
Hey Allen,
I'm sharing your excitement bro :)
Im waiting eagerly to receive em.
Again thanks for the support...people like ya make our dear hobby a great hobby :thumbup: