bratyboys 29 gallon build

bratyboy2

whats a plug and play? i have a buddy that is doing the work for me. so im not to concerned with what i dont know he will be telling me if its good or not. also the reflectors im buying with that and and the bulbs. lol did i not say that?:stars: oh well know i said it though. :) but i have to design the canopy for the tank. i want something nice and modern for it. so im thinking very simple design and a gloss over the oak.

bratyboy2

oh he he im riding the short bus today :ashamed: but yah i planned on it i dont see why it wont work though. im going to take this large aquaclear filter that sucks and make it into my fuge so i can get that started and then im running to the store to pick up a piece or two of live rock to put in it. wish me luck i will get a pic of it later and in the works:fingerx:

bratyboy2

im planning to get a mall one from wally world (walmart that is) they are like 7 bucks but i do have one from a mall tank i once had. it has a 6700 k bulb which should make the chaeto grow well. then im going to buy a bottle of the live pods from the store another day and flood the tank. im pumped this just means im one step closer to the tank being done.:time: i still have no clue what i want to keep within the tank though. is the brown algae a good thing right now since its still young. i did put a piece of raw fish within it and took it out after 2 days that should have been long enough.

bratyboy2

okay well in the matter of time i was gone i made the fuge AND ended up painting the back of the tank black. that proved hard as i had to pull the tank out a bit to get back there but all that said it done. i will get some pics up of the tank when i can. as i was at the store as well getting my expensive :dead: test kits i was just glancing at the fish and inverts and could not help but picking up a 3 head cabbage coral for 20 bucks and a black and purple feather duster and then to mu surprise i was also sold a coco worm for the price of the feather duster because the girl had no clue that it was a more expensive thing. so i got a steal and it settled into the 10 frag tank well and is opened up right along with the other duster. now if i could only find my original.:willis:

Wolfgang8810

Better watch out for those soft Cabbage and leather corals. They throw off a lot of toxic slime and in a 10G tank things could be BAD. Run extra carbon for a few days.

bratyboy2

i got a pretty big bag in the small filter i have on it now lol i think it should be enough for now the hammer is the one pissing me off the most im pretty sure he is just dead i have a tread started about this issue in corals thread area. which i have to post my parameters.

you know an anemone is not ready for that tank right now.. its only been a month? it might be doing okay right now.. but it will only last for a few weeks, if your lucky a few months..

bratyboy2

haha yah the tank is almost 2 weeks old. im hoping the anemone will be fine its very nice and recovering from a powerhead accident. we will see. well nothing really new with the tank. im still looking what fish i want and corals and its hard. im about to say F it and just have a fish only tank. haha not!!!

bratyboy2

:hallo: okay that question arises another question i have. okay well the light im looking at is the Nova Extreme SLR T5 Saltwater. Drs foster and smith is having a sale on them and i want one. the only prob is the one that would fit my tank has only 48 watts of light for it and i saw in the coral section a thread about soft corals and the light that some one said that a 75 gallon with 216 watts was enough and they could keep birdsnest and montiporas in it and an anemone at the top....that is only 2. something?!?!?! im so confused so if i get the 48 one that only gives me a watt or so and if i get the 36 inch one that has 156 i get 5....watts what do i want? i want LPS and Some of those SPS hat i listed, clam anemone and softies!!!!:drunk: :laughroll :surrender: what should i do get the more watt one or the less one? oh i can get a 24inch 96 watt one so that gives me 3.3.

now i know watts dont matter but im so confused. just remember 29 gallon tank and the list of corals i like and want to keep.:hallo:

Jeremy0322

You will need more than 1 watt of light for just about everything you keep. How long is the tank, if you have a few inches of overlap on the light it wont hurt anything, and 5 watts of T5 light should be good for most everything in my opinion.

bratyboy2

okay while im waiting for someone to look at my post and answer my question that i was asked.....so i will post some pictures. these are when i modified the filter into my fuge
oldpic.jpg

oldpic3.jpg

oldpic2.jpg

well the thing got real loud so i mod the emerpor i had it was not doing anything for my tanks so i got a fuge that i quiet!!! love it:laughroll
light.jpg

outsidefilter.jpg

badinside.jpg

and then one for fun
coco.jpg

bratyboy2

:bigbounce Jeremy your my saviour today! yah thats what i thought. it would be only 3 inches each side. not much would be lost really like the ends where it would not burn the most right! okay well im going to get the 36 inch one then. $186.99 not bad right?!:coffee2:

yungreefer2410

a link would help. some things to look for- does it have individual reflectors-how many bulbs-wattage of bulbs-if listed type of ballest. i would get the 36'' one that is not too much overhang. you could put some aluminum foil at the ends to help reflect the light back. these are t5s right? hope this helps