bratyboys 29 gallon build

bratyboy2

ah no...:look:

they are in there just for a day or two till i get the ten gallon water changed and then they will be placed on a rock in the tank with a mild current...:spinner:

ReefLady

Staff member
That's a really pretty piece of Acan. I have no idea if it's a good price, but to me it would be worth it.

bratyboy2

reeflady im really wanting one for my tank as a center piece coral. so we will see im going to be looking around to see if i can find them cheaper or that price the way i want them then we will go from there.

Update: i did the water chang on the 10 gallon and moved it. im going to put a pic up of what i did you will all find it kind of funny as i used old rail road trcks(plactic) for the frags to sit o. i had nothing else ad i didnt want to spend a bunch on eggcrate is i was no going to be using it all. you know?! any who i will be moving the corals to the 75/25 ro tap water tank and let them stay till i get the tank done hopfully this weekend.

bratyboy2

well i can see this thread is going to fall quick. well anyway i thought i would share anyway. here is the frag tank for now enjoy.This one is a pic ofthe tank on the bottom and the top tank is my planted 10 and the tall tank are my to anoles i have.
2.jpg

1.jpg

untitled.jpg

got to love the train tracks!

yungreefer2410

the way you talk confuses me lol. so you have 2 10g tanks right? have you even started to cycle the 29g yet? i as you prob know have a 29g so you should prob check it out. you might learn something or get some questions answered. i am just now doing a clam in my 29g...it is almost 2yrs old. i don't waon't to risk any life of corals in my tank. i understand how you feel about not letting go of certain fish. i have a 4yr old orange striped prawn goby that i will NOT sell or trade. he is a pig. hes a lot like a manderin as he eats pods and worms in my tank. very funny to see a worm as long as he is hanging out of his mouth. the list sounds nice so far. not trying to be mean but IMO the scape looks like you just dumped them in there... just remember to go slwo and you should be fine

bratyboy2

the way you talk confuses me lol. so you have 2 10g tanks right? have you even started to cycle the 29g yet? i as you prob know have a 29g so you should prob check it out. you might learn something or get some questions answered. i am just now doing a clam in my 29g...it is almost 2yrs old. i don't waon't to risk any life of corals in my tank. i understand how you feel about not letting go of certain fish. i have a 4yr old orange striped prawn goby that i will NOT sell or trade. he is a pig. hes a lot like a manderin as he eats pods and worms in my tank. very funny to see a worm as long as he is hanging out of his mouth. the list sounds nice so far. not trying to be mean but IMO the scape looks like you just dumped them in there... just remember to go slwo and you should be fine

well when i want to say something its hard for me to basiclly say it lol. idk why.:dead: im going to check your post out after i reply to this one. well i really like the scape and i dont want to change it because i put them in there to create area for placing corals and to alow room for placing corals on rocks within the system. Im already cycling the tank i have my two clown fish in the tank and they are doing well and loving the tank space. its like a hotel suite form the 10 gallon.:goofy: today i added to pumps on the back wall which hit the front pain and create flow to the rocks. not a bubble in sight :)

Love the train track frag racks. That's classic!
i figured someone would get a kick out of what i did.:bouncer:

im gonna have to support the train track lol that is the ultimate best as for my name is thomas and i grew up getting called thomas the train or walker texas ranger due to last name being walker but i have seen some weird ways of sticking corals in a tank an this beats them all i love it and i like ur terearium i think i spelled it wrong but i never passed english or writing classes lol but keep those pics coming love it i think you should keep your ten gals too just like that just put diff stuff in them looks good...... glad to see your making progress doing good...
thomas

yungreefer2410

you already have you clowns in your 29g? it'll would be safer to not have them in there until it cycles. any i would get two of those t5s double light strips then you could keep anything you wanted. if you want to use vho then get the vho ballest and end caps. what type of ballest is it?

bratyboy2

its kinda funny but we do have a small thomas some where and here he is metal lol.... the VHO ballest is a ice cap 660 with end caps. i want to do this over the 29 so im scared that the ballest will over drive the 24 inch bulbs. any advice?

I know everyone is frownin on the clownfish in my tank now but this is what i did with my first tank and my last tank and had no problems. so im going to be cool with it. they love tha tank and i cant help but smile everytime i see them in there just swimming next to each other.

im thinking i might just order the T5 sets and just call it a day. they are made up already i can order them and have them here in just a few days and they come with the bulbs and i dont have to go hunting or spending the extra money i will not have. Drs. foster smith is having a sale on them so i think i can manage to get them maybe tonight.

bratyboy2

no actually i found what i think may be better then those lights i really need rockbox to chime in on this one to be sure but if you all think it will work them im going to order it monday T-5 High Output Aquarium Lighting: Hagen GLO T5 HO Electronic Fluorescent Lighting System what i want to do is buy the 54watt ballest and i think that would over drive the 24 inch bulbs from 24 to??? thats were i need help how much watts am i going to get when i over drive them how did rockbox figure it out?!?!?!:drool: well if everyone says yes im going to order it and buy 4 individual reflectors for the 4 bulbs and mount them into a canopy

UPdate:well as i was looking at the clowns today and the tank i noticed im getting brown algae a bit on the sand. now from the previous tank thats good news because it means it is cycling right? oh and the clowns are still loving the tank!:snshne:

bratyboy2

so i was bored and got it loaded so i figured i would share a lil video since my BF got me a sweet video camera that is for you tube lol here it is enjoy. oh wait i need to explain it lol these are my clowns and some PVC i put in for my watchman and yashi goby i plan to have and the "power heads" that i have on the back of the tank now enjoy!:chair: YouTube - clowns in my tank

BLAKEJOHN

Being that the tank is less than 1 month old you need to watch that anenome. I cant tell but it looks a little white to me.

bratyboy2

oh no no no he is tan has been lol its just a condy that i really like that always finds his spot in a tank and never moves lol thats why i like him.

Wolfgang8810

smiley-signs011.gif
smiley-signs011.gif
smiley-signs011.gif
smiley-signs011.gif

Definitely get a plug and play. When you get into custom lighting over driving ballasts you risk quite a few things if you are new or unfamiliar with fixtures and what not.