blue neon goby (Elacatinus oceanops), life expectancy?

prow

ok, just how long do these guys live? i have had mine for 2 years and its fatter than ever. i heard they live only a year or so. now that mine is over 2 years i wondering if anyone knows how long they live. or if you have had one or know of anyone that has had one for 3+ years?

Gina

RS STAFF
I've read that they can live to 1 to 1 1/2 years but, have known people who have had them for close to 3 years.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've had the one in my 90g now for over a year. It was in my 10g for the majority of that time and it's fatter than every as well. Hopefully for BOTH they live a long happy time.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
They only live 1.5 years? :(
I've had mine about a year now and they were wild caught. I wonder how old they really are....
One of mine has just went missing in my reef but I hope it isn't dead and has just slipped into one of the overflows!!

prow

mmm, hope mine keeps on going and i hope your turns up doni. i document all additions to my tank and this guy has been in my tank 25 months, just over 2 years. he was tank breed, maybe that helps. hoping it does, i really like him. he is fearless and always notices me and lets me know he notices me. ok they all see me as the food god, but still.

prow

thanks. its been a while, my place looks very different now. soon as i get the 180 complete you have to come by and check it out. hope the cleaner goby is still with me after the "BIG" move. he still is doing great, hating to have to move him. well, i do like the the 180 upgrade, just hope its not me upgrading that leads to his down fall. hes a old guy now:D

prow

you got it. i am going to pairs france next week. i am hoping to have the 180 done by then. well is been running for 5 months but cords are everywhere and i dont have the controllers, reactors, topoff, DT flow(tunzes) type stuff hooked up yet. want to have all those things done before i go, that way all i have to do is move all the corals and fish over when i get back. looks like the beginning of july~ish.