BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Do you see any way that the second sensor could be mounted upside down and serve to shut off the ATO pump and sound an alarm if the sump level gets too high? I use a Tunze ATO, and have a JBJ on the shelf in case the Tunze ever quits. The second sensor on the Tunze shuts off the pump & sounds an alarm if the sump level gets too high. I'm not sure this could be done with sensor 2 of the JBJ - I think an upside down sensor #2 would have the wire end submerged?

Frankie

RS STAFF
You know your a reefaholic when you flood the floors a few times a year :D You really have come a long way Allen! :thumbup:

BLAKEJOHN

Well I've been a reefer for two years and I have yet to flood the floors. Nope wait,..wait.. I did overflow my RO container two or three times. I guess Im just in denial..

Frankie

RS STAFF
Well I've been a reefer for two years and I have yet to flood the floors. Nope wait,..wait.. I did overflow my RO container two or three times. I guess Im just in denial..
Denial.gif

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Do you see any way that the second sensor could be mounted upside down and serve to shut off the ATO pump and sound an alarm if the sump level gets too high? I use a Tunze ATO, and have a JBJ on the shelf in case the Tunze ever quits. The second sensor on the Tunze shuts off the pump & sounds an alarm if the sump level gets too high. I'm not sure this could be done with sensor 2 of the JBJ - I think an upside down sensor #2 would have the wire end submerged?

Terry it can be done that way. In mode "A" the second sensor is down in the ATO container (under water) to prevent running the pump dry so flipping it over should work just fine.

Keep in mind that manually working the sensor off & on is what did the flooding. The sensor wasn't even in the sump. I was literally holding it in my lap trying to figure the "combination" that made it work. What's embarrasing is that I have a "High Level" mark on the sump but I didn't even pay attention to it.

Thanks Frankie :) I try buddy :)

johnmaloney

Surprisingly enough adding that extra 6g of FW to my tank only change the SG from 1.026 to 1.025. That's not how I'd like to "discover" such but at least I have an idea of what 6g will do to a 90+g system.

that must have scared you half to death before you measured. :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well I've done a LOT of water changes and I think everything is back to normal. I've lost a few SPS, probably 20 bright red mushrooms (this shocks me) and 5 frags of Favia. That's about it (that I can think of right now). Not to bad compared to what it COULD have been.

I just wanted to drop a couple of pictures here for the heck of it (it's My thread after all LOL)

These two are Dori "sleeping" in her coral (literally laying on her side wedged in between "fronds")
IMG_7745.jpg

IMG_7741.jpg

Here is one of the two Sea Hares just coming out from under the sand (it's AMAZING how well they can hide)
IMG_7758.jpg

Here's my new Pavona Coral (Pavona decussatus) I got in an "experiment" I'm part of..
IMG_7752.jpg

Blue/Purple Wall Hammer (out and proud)
IMG_7755.jpg

This was a 2 headed frogspawn something like 6(+/-) months ago
IMG_7757.jpg

And last but not least it's a "Mystery Sack". I'm sure it's snail eggs of some kind because it's been a "Snail-a-pa-looza" in my tank for the last week. LOL

IMG_7738.jpg

IMG_7739.jpg

Any idea what kinds of snail eggs those are? It's a first for me but it's fairly large. The whole cluster is the size of almost a tennis ball.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I personally have no idea what those eggs are but you are going to be over run with something :)

Corals look great!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
OH SNAP! Reefmack is right..... YOU'RE GONNA BE A GRANDPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just found the same picture and others to confirm it. BigAl is going to be a grandpa a few thousand times based on the look of that egg mass in his tank! :) I wonder if any will hatch and grow or just be fish food.