• Margarita

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Stomatella

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

mps9506

I use a combination of Astrea and cerith snails.
I however love my stomatella snails, they are always there, they reproduce and look cool :)

mps9506

No DSB here. I recently found out that nassarius snails don't eat algae, they are purely a scavenger...

mps9506

Well dangit travis ;) I already voted... Guess it doesn't matter since apparently my banded serpant star like to eat all my snails anyways :)

Craig Manoukian

mps9506 said:
I recently found out that nassarius snails don't eat algae, they are purely a scavenger...

That's right not algeavores but detrivores and Nassaurius keep the sand stirred while munching detritus!:bigbounce

Gina

RS STAFF
Had to place a vote for the Turbo. Ours does such a great job on the glass. From the info that I read about them, the only problem they seem to have is righting themselves if they fall. If we could have voted for two, the other would be the fighting conch. Ours does great with the sand bed.

RanRoc

I had to vote for my "Blue Chip Snails," the astreas. I've got margaritas and nassarius snails, but the astreas are the tried and true workhorses in my tank.
-RY

ScottT1980

I'm with craig, nassarius if you have a DSB. Although astrea and trochus (these suckers are expensive) snails come in a close second.

jcoopergd

I have the nassouris snails also - they hide until you put just a scent of food in the water, then they all surface and scavenge....its cool to see them rise from the depths of the sand bed.....and then slowly submerge back down...

*Sound of submarine diving horn**auuuuuuuuuga!**auuuuuuuuga*

j

Gina

RS STAFF
What is the difference between the Jumbo Pacific Nassarius and the Small Carribean nassarius? Besides, the size?
Which one would be best to get for keeping the sand bed clean?