BareBottom Club

Witfull

Be proud to proclaim your Freedom,,,tell us what you like or dislike about it.

I'm proud to be BB!

Yarr

I will let everoyn eknow when i get it setup and running. hwoever.. it has to be better than my current setup

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hi. I am Woody and I've been barebottom for a long time. My bottom is much easier to clean now since I don't have all that covering on it. :)

Witfull

Hi Woody, i know you still harbor weakness to sand,,but in our support group we will stand strong!

i love the clean feeling and the rush of current against my bottom. i dont notice im BB but some see it right away and wonder whats wrong, but soon they are used to it,,,maybe even envious,,,lets all be BB and run free....LOL

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Honestly.... My tank has never looked better. With the BB combined with the ro/di I feel it is cleaner than ever and would not go back. I really think my rock is 'cooking' in my main tank because they shed a LOT diterus constantly.

Mad Mike

Hi I'm Mike and I'm a recovering DSB user! Best thing I ever did was scrap the sand. I keep a tiny bit in for the green carpet, I just basically surround his foot with it but otherwise totally bare.

The stink that came out when I took out the DSB both from the sump ( miracle mud ) and the tank was amazing. I have had no algae problems since.

Bout the only problem I haven't had :D

Sharkbait

I wanted to ease into it slowly...it's my first time,my nano is bare bottom.It's really cute from what I've heard.It's so smooth and clean.It takes a minute to get used to, but who misses sand in uncomfortable places?If someone asked me to add sand now,I'd show them my bare bottom.(not the nano)

Warnberg

Last ime I went BB was in the Keys... and there was alcohol involved.... mine usually stay's covered.... :smoking:

oh you ment the tank..... sorry

Gina

RS STAFF
I would love to go Barebottom but, Mark doesn't like the way my barebottom looks! LOL!!

Cougra

Well, I'm one of the ones who likes to keep my bottom covered. I have tried BB in the past with a couple FW tanks and I could not get used to the look of them. I understand they are easier to keep and have many advantages but they are not for me. I would rather go back to crushed coral then have a BB tank!

Yarr

Gina. Maybe suggest wht i am doing. I am getting that creamy clear acrylic cutting board material.. and glueing a layer of CC onto it then placing everything ontop of that. that way it looks natural and doesnt have the side effect of the bb mirror look :)

Mad Mike

Witfull said:
so,,,lets talk the benefits of a BB tank,,,why do you like it?

Cleaner all around enviroment. I don't have the substrate acting like a sponge for all the phosphates,thats the biggest plus. My algae problems went away over night. I can also see the detrius to siphon out.

Witfull

is i t just me,,,or does the rock seem to shed diterus more? ive had my 210 up 6 months now,,,i know all this gunk isnt coming from my feedings and such...or does the sand hide that much?

DPdsny

Hi . my name is Danny and I was a DeepSandBedaholic. I have not touched a grain of sand since May of this year. At first it was very hard to let it go. As time went on it got easy. Now I don't even miss it any more. The only problem I have now is I am addicted to watching the coralline grow on the starboard

All kidding aside I love BB, very easy to clean. I placed my power heads very low in the tank so they flow right under the rocks, could never do that with a sandbed. any diterus that sheds from the rock gets blown upward and in to the overflow to the skimmer. some diterus settles on the sides in the gap between the starboard and the tank (about 1/4 inch gap) and it is very easy to remove