Bangaii Breeding..Here we go, We got Eggs..

SeaMunky

Hey Sandy...well I had 3 really ting runts of the batch, they were soo small compared to the bigger ones..and they didnt make it..they just quit eating for some reason..I tried everything..:(..but the 3 larger ones are doing great, eat like pigs..lol..as for parents..I think they on vacation or something..lol..no new clutch since the one he swallowed..I sure hope they havent given up..but at the same time I hope my clowns spawn, I would like to give it a whirl..

sandyc

Heck, doesn't going on vacation involve romance?

The clown babies have been a bit of a challenge for me but just seeing their little faces makes it all worth it. How old are your clowns? I am really not sure how old they need to be before they are full grown. I got my pair from someone who what getting out of the hobby so they were "mature". Hope you get some soon. We'll celebrate.:clink:

SeaMunky

I am not sure how old mine are, I got them from a guy who didnt really look after them..the female is say 3-3.5" male 2.5"..The are both hosting in my hairy mushrooms now...crazy to watch the female has been going crazy rubbing all over everyone, including the blenney..he just sits there as if to say "you done yet ya fruitcake?.lmaoooooooooo..not sure what shes up to..lol..the banggais arent so inviting when she rubs them though..lol..

SeaMunky

Good Morning Sandy..
Nothing as of yet..not sure why they are on vacation from one another..They are still shaking and rubbing all over each other..I sure hope they get to it soon..lol

SeaMunky

Heres some new pics of the little guys..they wouldnt come out from behind the filter..but heres a few..
IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

I am soo happy..they are totally off the live stuff, the pre-hatch jar stuff was terrible, they hated it..but now they eat frozen larger brine and cyclopeez..
And funny, the 2 larger ones dont separate, they are touching all the time, maybe they may stay paired up..that would be cool..

SeaMunky

Hiya Brenda..

They are doing great...except alot of them, totally stoppped eating..I tried everything I could think of..but they finally dwindled away..I am now only left with 3..
but the 3 that are left..are the ones that were always the biggest and most active..
I think maybe it had something to do with the way the dad was spitting them out to early..maybe these 3 were the last to be released..because most of them were like 8-9 days early, and very tiny..hopefully next time he will hold them all till day 25..maybe that will change the outcome..

SeaMunky

Thanks Lynn..
It was so upsetting watching them starve themselves and there was nothing I could do...but I am hoping better next time...
The parents seem to be on a holiday..no sign of a new batch since he swallowed the second one...I hope they didnt give up...
Maybe they only breed at certain times of the year..I dunno...

SeaMunky

Well today was sad for me..I am missing one of my banggais..not my mated pair, but a smaller male I had before I got my pair...I have looked everywhere and cant find him...I dont think he is gonna turn up anytime, no where for him to hide this long.. :cry1: