Bad blenny bad!

Raf

honnes_midasblenie3SM.jpg

pic taken from: http://www.thereefpetshop.com/images/photos/honnes_midasblenie3SM.jpg

So my client's bicolor blenny is eating her corals according to her. She says it munches on the frogspawn and pulls it out of its skeleton as if its lettuce!

Anybody heard of this before? :drool:

aquaman3680

Yep i have! I have had 2 bicolors and both picked at all my smooth skin SPS! I will never put a blenny in an SPS tank again!

Matt

Raf

bugger!

and the little guy is impossible to catch, just looks from his hiddey hole and smiles, just like the one in the pic :D

mps9506

I have heard fo this happening before. bicolors seem to be the most prone to doing this, other than the blennies that actually are coral eaters.

Snelly40

i'l have to watch mine, i have a flame tail blenny, bu ti never really see him going to my corals, but i can see that he would be hard to catch

bluespotjawfish

I've never seen mine nip at the corals. Do they have algae on them? It might be after the algae. Mine just nip at me! They scare me to death ~ it's like an electric shock!

Raf

I was thinking it may be alage on the coral skeleton, but nope, the guy goes after the flesh and pulls it out......then he smiles and winks and says catch me if you can! :bugout: