Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump

billyr98

well i finally got a pressure valve to see the pressure of my water going to my RO/DI unit and it was only 35psi... So I went out today and got a pressure pump.. No directions at all!! How do you adjust the pressure on this beast.. and what other piece of equipment do i need for it to stop when my float valve stops my Ro/DI, I was thinking a pressure switch, but I want a confirmation...

thanks guys!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have seen Phyxius' booster pump but I don't recall exactly how it was installed. I have pm'd him so hopefully he can chime in.

Phyxius

I have the same pump in use with my filter guys unit. You can adjust the pressure with the very small screw head on the top if needed. Its the small screw on the top of the unit on the side where the brackets are at for mounting. I believe they are pre-set for a specific pressure. My water pressure was the same as yours starting and after the pump it stays at 80-85. Not 2 mths after I installed it the city fixed the pressure problem in my neighborhood and I gained 15psi. Had to turn the pump pressure down some to get it back to the 80 range.

You will need a pressure switch that fits in conjunction with the pump. It will shut the pump off when it senses a flow stop of water. It runs around 10-15 bucks or so and you just put the RO/DI lines into it. Mine is installed in a 6 stage system but works the same. It mounts in between the last stage of your RO/DI before it goes into the DI cartridge. They do recommend using a prefilter before the pump as it has a membrane in it that can get damaged with sediment build up. I know my prefilter cartridge gets pretty nasty while the one in the RO/DI unit stays white

Heres a pic and you can see the shut off valve on the same mount as the pump.

Its hard to see but there is a white line coming up in the middle of the pic that is the water supply line. It goes over to the left inlet of prefilter. It leaves the prefilter in another white line into the booster pump. From there it follows the shelf to the inlet to the RO/DI unit itself. I have a blue line from the last stage of my RO/DI unit before the DI cart that runs to the pressure switch on one side and then the orange line leaves the switch into the DI cartridge. The coiled(actually isn't in pic) yellow line is my RO/DI output and the coiled blue line is my RO only output. I just used scraps of line I had to put it all together and its the only reason for all the colors.
78452Picture_003_Small_Small_.jpg

Last edited:

goldenmean

I Got a ro/di system from the filterguys.biz about 2 months ago.
According to the pressure gauge that came with my system my water pressure is only at 30 psi and I know they reccommend a minimum of 50 psi.
What I don't understand is why the water pressure needs to be at least 50psi.
What efffects are there to running the system with low pressure?

mps9506

The water pressure affects the efficency of the RO membrane. Higher pressure means water pass through the membrane more effectively.
I had the same problem at our store and we installed the same unit. Our water pressure was around 20 psi in the store, but the incoming pressure according to the city was 60. The shut off valve was the only thing I had difficulty setting up. The diagram shows it installed after the pump, but in my head it seems like the solenoid should be before the pump? I just installed it by the directions and it worked :)

billyr98

i figured it was that screw... just wanted a confirmation! thanks a bunch...

my psi is at 80 now... and water is so much better now.. making it so much faster now!