Aquarium Opening

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
WOW!!

When the aquarium opens Nov. 23, it will become the world's largest by virtually all major standards of the industry. It was bankrolled almost exclusively by a $200 million (euro171 million) gift from Home Depot Inc. co-founder Bernie Marcus.
"It's going to be the most unique aquarium in the world,'' said Marcus, 76. "I don't want to say the best. (Status as) the best will come after people view it and decide.''
The aquarium will also be the centerpiece of a downtown Atlanta revival aimed at drawing millions more visitors to the Southern city each year.

The Georgia Aquarium opens on November 23rd and will stake its claim as the World’s Largest Aquarium. With over 8 million gallons of fresh and marine water, and 100,000 animals representing 500 species from around the globe, you’re sure to see things you’ve never seen before!

8 MILLION gallons!!!!! OMG :eek:

proud2bcanadian

I just heard of that the other day!
I just wish it were in between Canada and NC. Then I would go see it. But it's a 6hour drive from where I'm staying... :(

It looks amazing though! I wish I could make it out there, but then again, it should be left as a trip of it's own!

Reelheel

Witfull said:
i see a road trip in my future~~

You took the words right out of my mouth.....er....out of my keyboard.

Hey witty, you can crash at my place; I'm guessing I'm about halfway there for you?

Reelheel

I was just talking to my wife tonight about wanting to go see the renovated NC aquarium down at Kure Beach...I think my plans have just been upgraded :)

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
The NC aqurium at Kure Beach has been renovated? I'll have to check that out too... We used to have a condo in Carolina Beach and we went there EVERY weekend; we'd visit the aquarium every trip too! ....and 4 wheel out onto the north and south points to fish :D

livingreef2004

Monday the 21st november on the today show they are having a special about this aquarium i think they may be broadcasting from the aquarium

it looked pretty good try to catch it if you can!!