Aquaman's Nano Adventure

aquaman3680

Well hello all,

I Have had a 20 gallon tank that is plumbed in with my 90 gallon for quite some time now. Until recently the tank looked real bad and had hair algae everywhere. I recently got the tank drilled for an overflow and got it set up with some nice coral and fish! The tank looks pretty awesome after some TLC, so I wanted to share some pictures!
DSC_7639-1.jpg

DSC_7684-1.jpg

DSC_7691-1.jpg

DSC_7698-1.jpg

DSC_7700-1.jpg

DSC_7701-1.jpg

DSC_7703-1.jpg

DSC_7705-1.jpg

DSC_7719-1.jpg

DSC_7720-1.jpg

Enjoy the pictures!

Matt

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Matt I feel confident in saying...

You've GREATLY understated how AWESOME your tank looks!! Good work and GREAT pics!! MAybe some more pics and details about each of your corals in there. What type of lights and flow?

kathywithbirds

That is indeed awesome. So what'd you do? Rent out a tang from the 90? :lol:

You have a few things I don't know what they are. I see blastos, but what are the other ric/acan lookin' things?

aquaman3680

Al- As far as corals go I have an Anchor or Hammer, A pink tip torch, a small green bubble tip anemone, some RPE's- red people eaters, several acanthstrea all lords, a green kenya tree, several chalices and assorted zoos. For lights I have a Current Nova Extreme with 4 x 24 watt T-5's, for flow I have a maxi jet 600 with a hydor rotator thing.

Victor- Thanks for the compliment! This is actually a 100 gallon tank :). LOL j/k

Kathy- There is a blastomussa welsi, and a blastomussa merletti in there. There is also acans, but no rics at this point. I also have a rather large martain moon favia. I didnt borrow one from the 90 I bought a new one. I know the tanks too small but i dunno what else I could do. I bought a very small 1" purple tang. He picks like crazy and looks great!

Matt

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well it looks SWEET man! You're doing something right my friend!!

What are the ones in the very LAST pic (right above "Enjoy the pictures")? I would REALLY like a frag *hint hint... nudge nudge*

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I can hear the tang police coming to get me now!!

:LOL: I wasn't gonna "Call you out on that one" since you mentioned it was tiny and I am SURE you're gonna put it into a much larger tank as it grows (and quickly too). Right? *waves the police off for a moment*

aquaman3680

They are called goochers. I had them in the 90 under the halides and they were kinda brownish and I put them in the 20 and now they have shown their true colors!

Matt

althea2you

georgous tank!!! very nice looking!!! you did a great job in cleaning it up and giving it a little love!! :D

Techno-Vicki

Matt you are the man!!!! (even though you are in your teens:) Hey your camera work is awesome as always, your tank is impecable, and your acan is to die for. Want to swap acan frags???? Seriously.....

Oh, one more thing, could you tell me your get-around for the 500 pix rule? Thanks. When are you coming into town?

aquaman3680

Vicki- Thanks for the compliments! All my acans are very samm. I really cant wait until they grow out! What do you mean by "get-around for the 500 pix rule?" I will be in town early summer, I am staying with bryan again so it should be a good time.

Matt

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Oh, one more thing, could you tell me your get-around for the 500 pix rule? Thanks. When are you coming into town?

Vicki, he's not really getting around it but he's posting his pics to Photobucket and merely linking to it. Hope that helps.

:)

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Matt! most excellent! misdirection and trickery are all good and it must free up lots of time

aquaman3680

Thanks Al, for clearing it up!
Sasquach, thanks as well!

Thought I would share a pic of the tank a month or so ago.
DSC_6997.jpg

quite the difference. Also the algae isnt showing too much there but it got way worse!

Matt

Techno-Vicki

Again, BEAUTIFUL!!! What a cool fish! Now, photobucket? How do you do it and not have a link. I know, probably an easy question. But....