Aquaman's 40BR Zoa tank

aquaman3680

Well, I figured I should start up a thread for my new tank, set up yesterday. The tank is plumbed into my 90 gallon system for a total water volume of 145 gallons. In the 90 I am wanting to make the tank more SPS oriented but I was not willing to give up the zoas so I set up their own tank. So this tank is going to primarily be zoanthids and palys, with a few acans and goniopora mixed in. The tank is a 40 breeder with 70lbs. of live rock and 60lbs. live sand. For lighting I went with a 250 watt MH with 2 32 watt PC's for supplement. I was planning on doing T-5 lights but I came into a pendant that had a mogul socket and 2 PC sockets for free, so I couldn't pass that up.

For flow I am using 3 nano Korallias and a Korallia 1 on a wave maker for sporadic flow that the zoas and palys love. I have a mag 5 as a return pump. I have a rather large zoa garden in my 90 gallon tank that I am transferring into the 40 today.

Here are some pictures of the tank as it went up yesterday!

IMG_0037.jpg

70lbs of rock some of those are huge!

IMG_0043.jpg

Sand and rock

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

First water!

IMG_0052.jpg

The tank this morning

IMG_0054.jpg

and again

I will keep this updated as often as possible!

Matt

lcstorc

Cool.
That is going to be a beautiful colorful tank. Can't wait to see pics once it is settled in.

aquaman3680

Small update-

All of the corals are moved over into their final place. I had more zoas than I thought I had! I have added a very small mimic tang, a yellow coris wrasse, and a mated pair of yellow watchman gobies.

Here are some pictures!

_DSC2287-resizedr.jpg

_DSC2312-resizedr.jpg

_DSC2314-resizedr.jpg

_DSC2316-resizedr.jpg

_DSC2319-resizedr.jpg

_DSC2320-resizedr.jpg

_DSC2324-resizedr.jpg

_DSC2341-resizedr.jpg

I cant wait for these zoas to start growing again!

Enjoy!

Matt

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
im gonna have to yank on your leg to get me some frags of some zoas! Great looking tank, its cool that you plumb it all together....

aquaman3680

Here is a little update-

Not too much has been added. As of now I am just waiting for stuff to settle in and start growing. Here are some pictures as well as an updated full tank shot.

_DSC3119.jpg

_DSC3125.jpg

_DSC3128.jpg

_DSC3229.jpg

_DSC3230.jpg

_DSC3221.jpg

_DSC3144.jpg

_DSC3219.jpg

Enjoy the pics!

Matt

aquaman3680

Thanks for the compliment! I love the tank! When I sit down it is right at eye level but when I stand up I can very easily look at the tank from the top down! That is the best feature of the tank IMO. You will like the depth of it too!

A little update- I just added a combtooth blenny into the tank last night to help control algae. Does anyone know an fish that will eat bubble algae but is safe with zoas and acans?

Thanks,

Matt

aquaman3680

Thanks for the compliments! I really need to get a new shot of the 90 up! It has changed so much! Many more colored sticks!

Nice tank ! Love the blastos and zoos!

I need a zoo tank!!!

Thank you! Most of those are actually acans although I have one blasto in there! I love my zoa tank! Only thing that I dont like about it is that it doesnt look like it did before I moved it yet. I cant wait for them to start to grow together like they were before!

Matt