Anthony's RSM 250

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hi Guys been a little worried over my Orange bush coral it had seemed to go a funny colour allmost like algae was covering it for a couple of weeks, today one of the bushes has cleared up what do you think was wrong?

Hello Anthony,
Could you post a picture of the coral? I do not know of one that is called a yellow bush. I would be happy to id the problem with a proper name and picture of the issue.

dankent

Nice setup thanks for sharing the pics .... that 250 is huge !

Dont think i seen one yet with pics of the surroundings included.

:thumber:

Nowellsy SNR

Thanks Dan

Hi Frankie heres the pic as you can see one part is covered in something and the other side has just got its colour back

IMG_2642.jpg

redsea reefer

I would try putting it back higher up in the tank with medium to high flow, maybe the stronger lighting and high flow will help it shed the dead skin and perk it back up...

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks for the picture,
It looks like a type of cyano growing on it. THis is common when corals are on the sand bed where the lesser flow is. I suggest moving it up on the rocks with good indirect flow.
It also looks to be closed up both of them, even the before shot (thanks Reefmack). Can you post what your dosing the tank with as far as coral food and fish food so I don't need to go through all 77 pages ;)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks for that Frankie im not dosing my tank im just feeding Mysis and Brine Shrimp every other day

Thanks,
you may want to start feeding the corals also. softies have a need for nutrients just as all corals do.
I am a bit concerned though about your water parameters before I start to ask you to feed them. Could you tell me:
P04
nitrates
Ca++
Mg++
ALK
PH
Temp night/day
Salinity + salt brand/water change schedule/make up source and TDS
Same with lighting: type,schedule/when last changed~etc..
Sorry for all the questions but it may help figure out a few things.
Are you seeing this Algae anywhere else in the tank? even in the overflow area or in the filtration?
It's not just on that coral in the pictures. It is also on that rock the coral is on. It may feel different on the coral then it does on the rock and even appear different but it is the same. I bet when you pull it off the rock it peels and rips easy and appears to be greenish out of the water like kelp.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks for the info Frankie will get more info up tomoz busy today family are coming over for a barbecue

Just as long as you don't let the grill go over 350f and have Corona's on standby I think were going to be ok until tomorrow for the results.
Have a great day! :thumbup:

yes I agree very nice progression ....
A few questions...
1. Did you bond the rockwork into that 'upright' position or it it balancing against the back of the tank?
2. Do you still use that flip magnet scraper?