All members please read

ReefLady

Staff member
I received several emails from Teri this weekend, most of them having to do with the technicalities of transferring sole ownership of this site over to me. She has initiated the transfer of the domain, server, and Vbulletin license.

I thought about how to paraphrase what Teri told me, but in the end I would rather no speak for her- I would rather relay what she told me. Although it was a personal communication between the two of us, I think a lot of what she said should be read by all the people who have been through so much in the last year or so.

Here are Teri's words:

At this point in time, I believe that everyone feels that it is in the best interest of the site to turn everything over to you. I wouldl agree.
I'm not going to start into a long laundry list of reasons, - which would sound more like excuses - about why I haven't been around. For now, I will apologize to you, and tell you how much I appreciate everything you've done for the site, and how much you've defended me (undeservedly), even in my absence.
I know the members deserve an explanation, and an apology from me. I hope some (obviously it will not be all) will realize that my intentions were never to hurt the site - or any members. I will be back at some point, but right now, I think the site needs to move on -- you have been, and continue to - take it in great directions, and my reappearance will only cause a heated 'distraction'.

Please feel free to remove my Administrator & my Moderator status. You can completely remove my membership if you wish -- the site is yours -- though I would hope you would not go that far.

If you could get back to me when you can with the information below, so I can complete the domain transfer, I will get back to you with all other information/transfers as soon as possible. I am leaving on vacation (edited), so I'd like to get this all done for you before then.

Please take care, I hope all is well with you personally. We'll talk again.

I have plenty of thoughts on all this, but need some time to sort it out. The only thing I can say for sure is that Teri remains, and will always be, a class act. She'll always be welcome here, and she'll be missed as long as she's not. I will be leaving her as a Super Moderator, so she knows that door is always open.

Comments welcome, but I'll probably lock this after a few days to a week so we can all get back to talking about our hobby. It's time to move on.

BoomerD

Da--aang! I know I've not been around here alot lately, but I didn't realize I missed all this!! Teri can't go...this is here site. Hers and Travis's. he**, many of us chipped in to help her fund this thing...While I certainly don't know what has happened, I DO know that with her gone, it will not be the same. Hopefully, she will get lots of messages and PM's from people asking her to stick around.:(

Maxx

I will definately miss Teri...I have been since she left. But I feel she is doing what is best for her and the board at the same time by transferring ownership to you. Giving her Super-Mod status is a nice thing to do on your behalf. I dont feel that her re-appearance would hurt the board...but I can certainly understand where she would feel that way.
Speaking as contributing member rather than a Mod...I feel you've been doing a great here all along. Personally, I came here from the other site because I didnt like what went down over the transfer of ownership there....this is not whats happening in this situation. I followed the two of you here because I knew how you guys did things and you always made things feel comfortable and yet never hesitated to pass on your knowledge to others. So Teri's leaving affects me in a I'm-gonna-miss-her-hope-she-comes-back-soon kinda way.....not anger or hurt, and I honestly cant say I would understand why someone might feel that way....It wouldnt make sense to me.
Travis, I'm here with you. 100% of the way. As a Mod Ive watched you put out fires and settle the myriad issues that have cropped up and either threatened the board, or would have made life very difficult....all in manner that kept things quiet on the surface so as not to disrupt the board....or as close to that as possible. Hats off...its a tough job, and I think you've done it well.
Like I said, I'm still here with you.
Nick

BoomerD

I agree 100% with wnat Maxx says. I just didn't know what was going on. I know I hadn't seen her around in quite a while. I too followed from RAG when the sale fiasco happened. One of the original batch of members. NOT saying if she leaves, then I am too. Nothing like that. Duh...who'd care...My point is just that she will be missed. Trav, you have done an excellent job...this is not about you, nor your fine work here. I'm just kind of stunned. Hopefully she will reconsider.

Travis you go on with this site!I think it's the best for you and every member here.
I still think Teri should say something to us and not just leave like this!She have many friends here that still love her and wishes her the best.

VINA

Craig Manoukian

My best wishes to Teri and thanks to Travis. Let's all move forward in a positive manner. It is the members here that make this ite what it is, so a special thanks to all of you.

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk: :columbo:

Gina

RS STAFF
I along with many others will also miss Teri. If this is what she feels she must do at this point in her life then I'm behind her. I would like to see her back some day.

You have done a marvelous job as Administrator Travis and I know will continue to do so.

Thank you for keeping this site alive and well.

mkpaulson

Travis I think we all would support you and any decision you feel is right for reefsanctuary, my hopes are for Teri to return. you may consider getting a temporary administrator to help you out in her absence in case you need to leave for a weekend or take a vacation, but I think it's probably important for you to take legal control for now just in case something comes up where you need to act quickly. you've done a great job and thank you very much for what you do for us.

Curtswearing

I'm merely speaking as a member in this situation and not as a mod.

I certainly miss Teri and I also think that Travis has done a wonderful job. I don't miss Teri as a mod or admin....it's more of a personal thing....I just miss her as a person. At the moment, I'm workin' morning till night. As a result, I understand that sometimes takin' care of business has to take precedence over helping of a reefing board.

Regardless, we are embarking on a new chapter. I think that Craig said it best...
It is the members here that make this site what it is, so a special thanks to all of you.

Last edited:

Witfull

i echo Curts sentiments, Teri is my friend. i do miss her thoughts and insights on matters as well as her charm and personality. we dont know all the reasons what have led to this decision, nor do we have to know, but knowing teri, she is doing what she thinks is best.

her love of our community is what brought us all here and that will remain. Teri is and always will be part of RS. we owe her our thanks for getting us together here...remember the wandering lost on the web? we were spreadout and lost friends... she pulled us together, built us a home, and welcomed all, and im thankfull for that.

Teri, if and when you come home,,,,your welcomed with open arms and friendship. till then i will miss you and await your return.

Dave

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks Teri for everything!!! I hope to see you around again soon! :)

Thanks Travis for being here! :)

jimeluiz

Glad to hear things are moving forward.

"ReefLady" was a major inspiration getting me hooked on this hobby. I look forward to hearing from Teri again some time in the future...

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Hope to see ya back soon Teri ! I have learned alot from ya and the other original members of RS and that includes you Travis and hope that we can continue to grow. My participation has dropped some especially because of Teri's absence and also because of the drop in activity in the recent months but i will try to be more active.

DuhJeepster

Total bummer, but hey it's probably for the best. I don't really need to know the details of why she went MIA, but I bet she spent many sleepless nights thinking about the decision to leave the board because that's the kind of person she is. I also bet it took her a while to make that decision. I know she knew it would hurt some people more than others . . . she's a caring individual and just plain "good people". I too was wayward after the whole fiasco with the other board. All the mods and admin get equal billing with me because yes I did follow Teri, but I also lurked around to see where Craig, Curt, Travis, Dave, and Nick (amongst others) ended up. These I consider the core group of RS! I know I missed some, so I will thank the membership as a whole. All you guys and gals are pretty awesome.

Hey Travis is there any way for you to get a hold of Teri for me? I think she is spending this Thanksgiving down in my neck of the woods. I guess I will try and send an email to her or something.

Thanks,
Tony

Last edited:

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Trav you are doing fine. :thumbup:

Yes, I will miss Teri, she is one of my favorite people on this planet. I think some don't understand or need to understand that it is not RS that has kept here away by a long shot. This site was here dream. At times things change in ones live, such as Teri's. With all the business life, travel, she now has, it is even hard for here to get enough family time, let alone be here on this board. This all wasn't something she planned on.

I will not tolerate at all any Teri bashing, just because she is not here or more on the order she can't be here, when some people don't know the facts. Family - Job come first........period.....and not a website

Yes, the board activity has dropped but I'm not less active because Teri is not here. It is just me, I have habit of picking what threads to post on that interest me and if they are not there I just don't post. I'm here every day, it is my HOME PAGE. I'm the same way on the RC chem. forum

Trav if you were not here now there would not be a board !!!

As far as Teri bieng MIA I often find you MIA :D I hardly ever run into a post by you. It took 2 months before I realized Teri was MIA. I actually did a search on her to see when here last post was and was shocked, so I wrote here to see what was going on.

I think Teri needs to breath for awhile, with here new life, with no or little free time.