actinic Power Compacts

snaz

but I don't see a difference...

I agree there really isn’t a big difference even in person. I’m a little disappointed, so I just ordered 2 250W Hamilton 14K Metal Halide bulbs. Right now I’m running 2 10K Usios.

If you look real closely at the green sea grass, you can see that the top picture is a little greener. Also the purple rock on the bottom picture is a little purpler.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I wish I could move my PC bulbs closer to the water surface but with my plug-n-play hamilton fixture, it is impossible :(

dwall174

Does anyone that’s using the HelloLights or the Coralife actinics have any pic’s of just their actinics?
I tried the Blueline Aquatics Ultra-Actinic bulbs that were also listed as "Actinic 03 Blue" like the Coralife bulbs & I don't really like them. They don't seem to have the same florescence as my last bulbs which I’m not sure of the brand, I got them from a LFS & they were just marked 03 Actinic!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Hellolights 03 actinics:)

139_3946.jpg

139_3985.jpg

dwall174

I decided to go ahead & try the Coralife 03 bulb! To me they seem to be somewhat more on the violet/purple side which is what I was looking for! When compared side by side to the Blueline bulbs, the Blueline bulb is defiantly the bluer & brighter of the two, But it doesn’t give that florescent glow to the corals like the Coralife bulb does. In fact I think I’m going to use one of each seeing that the Blueline is a little brighter it off-sets the yellow of my 250-watt 6500k Iwasaki & the Coralife gives me the florescence I like!

My photography skills are not that great & I have an older camera but here’s a couple of pic’s of the two bulbs & the new florescent glow of my GSP!

Attachments

• 96-watt Actinics.jpg
    96-watt Actinics.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 27
  • GSP.jpg
    GSP.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 27

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
dwall174 when those blueline burn in they should look like the Coralife. My hellolight actinics looked just like the blueline which I didn't like but after about a month you can notice in the picture they're much more violet/purple.

dwall174

cheeks69 said:
dwall174 when those blueline burn in they should look like the Coralife.
Thanks, I’ll keep an eye on them & see?
I’ve had the Bluelines for over a month now (on for 12 hr’s a day) so they should have been burnt in by now! To me the Coralife & Blueline seem like two different bulbs! The ballast I use for the two 96-watt PC’s has separate switches so I can control them individually. There’s a pretty good difference between the two. I tried to take a tank pic of the two but with my point & shoot camera you can’t really see any difference in the pic’s. The Coralife does seem to have more of a violet/purple color to it compared to the Blueline bulb which is brighter & bluer.

nigle

L.Baldrey said:
I bought Sunpaq .... just gonna hook them up....

Oi!

I am so &$#$#^$#&# HAPPY with my Sunpaq duel actinics sometimes I can't sea
straight, and I can't type well either, HA!

Seriously the duel Sunpaq's are wonderful.

Cheers!
nigle
!~!