A rose anemone???

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
There was a time when $120 was a steal for an RBTA...lol
I actually bought mine for $118 from a guy on Ebay I thought it was a steal at the time since they were a rare in the trade then CHina jumped into the pictures and the price dropped dramatically. AFA the bleached Anemone mine looked just like that when I went from PC's to a 250w MH but it recovered quite nicely and for a hosting Anemone your not gunna find any more hardy then a BTA.

Jollyreefer

I had one like that, it was wild caught. I bought it thinking it had a very interesting and unique color but a month later after feeding it mysis everyday it became a bland red and green, not very bright in color but defiantly a rose. I wouldn't take the chance if i were you though, get a nice bright red one they are the bomb.

Rhodes19

Wow, $120... I know they go for that in some stores but you should be able to get a RBTA for $20-$30 from a local reefer.

I got mine for $30 and gave away every clone. I would keep looking for someone selling on for a tad bit cheaper.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm keeping my eyes open for one. One of the lfs gets some in from time to time and some of the local reefers used to advertise them. Lately though, I've noticed a significant decrease in local reefers selling anything. A lot of systems were being closed because of the economy.

Rhodes19

There was a time when $120 was a steal for an RBTA...lol
I actually bought mine for $118 from a guy on Ebay I thought it was a steal at the time since they were a rare in the trade then CHina jumped into the pictures and the price dropped dramatically. AFA the bleached Anemone mine looked just like that when I went from PC's to a 250w MH but it recovered quite nicely and for a hosting Anemone your not gunna find any more hardy then a BTA.

It's amazing what happens to prices when supply is readily available. Now, if they would only do that with LEDs. LOL. Good point on the change in lighting. I guess I just figured all nems were under strong light to begin with. When I get one, I'll have to put it low in the tank and let it find it's own happy place. :)

Rhodes19

I had one like that, it was wild caught. I bought it thinking it had a very interesting and unique color but a month later after feeding it mysis everyday it became a bland red and green, not very bright in color but defiantly a rose. I wouldn't take the chance if i were you though, get a nice bright red one they are the bomb.

Thanks Jollyreefer and welcome to RS. Yeah, I'd rather get a nem from a local reefer or reputable lfs. At least I'll know what color it will/could be.

meliusl

I have one at the moment and the one you have took pictures of doesn't so much like like it. My anenome has a darker red to it and when it fully spreads out it gives off the look of a fully bloomed rose. Hint the Name rose bulb but here is a picture hosting with a saddle back.
2011-07-11_13_28_06_Vancouver_Washington_US.jpg

2011-07-11_14_30_20_Vancouver_Washington_US.jpg

Sorry the pics are kinda bad and 100$ bucks is a little much for a bulb especially if it isn't quite large. I payed only 50 for that one and i have seen the same bulbed pink tipped anemone in a local petco for about 40$.