75gal Seagrass/macro Pipefish tank.

D3monic

Any idea what this macro could be? Its not a zoanthid I felt and broke it alittle. Its round and ridgid about the size of a small zoanthid though. I am hoping it spreads whatever it is thoug.

IMG_1579-1.jpg

The anthias possing.

IMG_1586.jpg

super mini Mermaids fan

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

D3monic

Yea I am a member there. The main concern mixing WC with CB is that CB may not have the immunity to some of the diseases that WC may carry. I am taking precautions in QTing all new arrivals and deworming and FW dipping them. I know the risks involved. This is one of the main reasons I am interested in breeding pipefish. So one day maybe CB pipes will be available in the market. Right now the only place I know of that breeds them is in Austrailia and do not ship to the states.

D3monic

Looky what I got today!

IMG_1606.jpg

These are probably going in my 28gal reef but once they start to multiply I will put a few in my 75gal.

D3monic

Its not super slow. Flagtail pipefish are a reef species. The only supplemental flow I currently have is a K nano but I plan on getting one more. The ultra low flow systems are a misconception and most of the SH keepers I talk to indicate that their SH love to play in the flow. I would like to put a MP 10 to get the pulse action but the openings are too big and the sponge that goes around them looks cheap.

tnwillia

OK understand thanks for the info.

On the MP-10, could you use the plastic window screen to make a cover that would be small enough, just thinking outloud. Thanks again!

D3monic

I got some material I could probably use. Same thing I used on my overflows to keep the smaller pipe from going through.

seafansar

Still love the tank! It would been awesome if you could breed those pipefish. How can you tell if you have a pair?

D3monic

Supposibly a male will have a flat area on his stomach. For the life of me I can not tell the difference though. They dont fight so I guess thats a start.

D3monic

Yay I got to take some pics with my canon...boy I missed this thing. All I know is trying to take a pic of a fish with a tripod is absolutly impossible. My neck hurts from trying to watch through the eyepiece while chasing the damn things. Needless to say I had to ditch the tripod.

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

D3monic

2 yellow multi banded pipefish

a breeding pair of scooters

2 different species of dragonface pipefish

one mandarin

2 fire shrimp and a tailspot blenny.