65 gallon mixed reef build

blackwater

its strong but i think i could have made it look better. next time im gonna buy quality wood. i cheaped out and used ply wood that had one side sanded and clean. it didn't cut nice. off topic, but i noticed some of the people i used to talk to have been banned. i don't know anything about banning's as this is the only forum i am apart of. what does it mean? what limitations are imposed? will they be back? i ask because i valued their info and had a lot of good laughs with them.

blackwater

for those of u using a sump on a tank that is drilled on the back glass.
1 hard plumbed to DT or soft?
2 to above why?
3 how do u do your water changes?(do u need to shut the sump down,do u take water from DT or sump, add water back in through DT or sump)

i ask because once again i can't make up my mind. my gut tells me i will regret using a canister instead of a sump. thinking i could probably do a small sump instead(20gallon or so)

Last edited:

blackwater

wow i should really have reviewed my thread before posting pics. i already posted pics of the stand when it was just a frame lol. :smack:

blackwater

thanx i read that. just thinking of may be a very basic sump setup. "keep it simple stupid" i know im gonna drill my tank but if hard plumbed how would u disconnect it if u move?

blackwater

also if u have drilled your DT for drain and return would one of those Glass Holes overflow box kits be ideal. if so how do u choose which one u need? they r all rated for different amounts of low. would u buy one rated as the same as the return pump?