2(+) Year Retrospective of a 12g Nano

goldenmean

Thanks again Janetta

Here are some more pics.
I mounted the pagoda cup on a rock that had been in the sump of my other tank using a 2 part epoxy putty. It will look better as the rock and epoxy color up. I also went ahead and finished the frag job on the toadstool. One quarter inch slice and I had a second leather.

Attachments

• PagodaMount.jpg
    PagodaMount.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 2yr.Right.jpg
    2yr.Right.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 147
  • FTS@2yr+3.jpg
    FTS@2yr+3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 146

goldenmean

Even more pics.
Can you believe it

Attachments

• 2yrFTS.jpg
    2yrFTS.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 2yrLeft.jpg
    2yrLeft.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 2yr.Right2.jpg
    2yr.Right2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Brain.Fungia.02.08.jpg
    Brain.Fungia.02.08.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 139
  • Bimbo6.jpg
    Bimbo6.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 138

goldenmean

Just a couple more
I promise.

Mama Yuma has dropped another baby.
The first offspring is about 2 months old

Attachments

• YumaBaby2.jpg
    YumaBaby2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 139
  • YumaBaby1.jpg
    YumaBaby1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 137

goldenmean

Wow thanks Drew!
Do you think I have enough pics???
hee hee

Hey Your back!
2 weeks in the VI musta been tuff!

goldenmean

I have a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp and a peppermint shrimp in the nano and they got along fine..
A couple of months ago I bought a cleaner shrimp for the 55. They only had smaller ones and I did not want to put a small shrimp in with the mantis so the new shrimp went into nano and I transfered the larger one to the 55g.
This new cleaner shrimp did not like the peppermint shrimp and would chase him around a lot. The peppermint to to living on the powerhead but could go explore when the cleaner was otherwise occupied.
Saturday night I caught the Cleaner shrimp brutally killing the peppermint. I had just fed the tank about 15 minutes before and all was fine and everybody ate. Then when I came back into the room the bloodbath had already begun. Hermits came a running as did a couple of nassarius snails. The next morning there was no sign of the carnage.

Sorry it was so gruelsome I did not think to grab the camera.:chainsaw:

goldenmean

I got a new macro lens for my canon xti so the nano was demanding some camera time tonight.

Attachments

• rics.babies.jpg
    rics.babies.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Zoa.jpg
    Zoa.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Pepito.jpg
    Pepito.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Hermits.jpg
    Hermits.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 112

goldenmean

and the fish
eNom, Omen,
& Bimbo the Barnacle blenny

Attachments

• eNom.jpg
    eNom.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Omen.jpg
    Omen.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Bimbo.jpg
    Bimbo.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 111

goldenmean

This new macro lens let me see things I could not see with my eyes such as the ricordia yuma babies. I knew I had the toddler yuma and one new baby but if you look close there are 3 other babies. They were all on the same piece of rock in such a way that some were always in the substrate so I cut the rock in half and placed them so they were all safe. In the pic there is another lil baby behind the neon green one too.

Attachments

• YumaBabies.jpg
    YumaBabies.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Leathers.jpg
    Leathers.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Pepito.Fungia.jpg
    Pepito.Fungia.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 139

goldenmean

Some more pics I took this eve.

Attachments

• NanoRics.jpg
    NanoRics.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 131
  • rics.babies2.jpg
    rics.babies2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 132
  • Leather2.jpg
    Leather2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Leather3.jpg
    Leather3.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 132
  • PagodaCup.jpg
    PagodaCup.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 131

goldenmean

I got home from work last night and checked in on the nano in the bedroom.
All is well and I fed the lil piggys. A couple of hours later I walk by the room and notice the tank is dark. I can see the reflection of the heater light in the rear chamber sO i know the light is getting power.
I am afraid the ballast is blown. A few weeks ago i bought replacement bulbs even though the bulb in use is only about 5 months old. I was trying to be prepared. I change the bulb - The old bulb rattles when I shake it - and plug it in. I have light again. The not-that-old bulb had burned out.
I reset the timer to cut back on the photo period for the new bulb and all was happy in nanoland again

althea2you

very nice pictures!!! love the YUMA babies! i want a yuma so bad! i only have a couple rics and a couple more on the way...:p

djbacon

Wow - love the 12g!! - I didn't realize that the yuma dropped off little babies like that. i thought it reproduced by fission more like the florida. Do you n ot have any issues with the yumas and floridas touching ? I know they are both ricordea but was under the impression they needed to be well spaced from each other.