Search results

1. J

New 125 Gallon Build

Can I get some advice on what brand Sump and Skimmer to run on this build. Probably a loaded question as we all have our opinions on what works best for our tank but at least I will get some feed back. I want a sump with socks, and lids on each compartment. I don't think I will be making a...
  2. J

130 GALLON FRESH WATER TO SALT

Thanks. I have seen dry rock I think pukani rock from bulk reef supply. Looking for best rock to put corals on maybe more smooth like shelf . What size sump should go with 130 gallon tank. What size pump ?? What to put in sump ? miracle mud ? Live rock, filter socks, refugium etc etc what size...
  3. J

Thanks for the reply. Do you recommend drilling back or bottom of tank. Where is good place to buy live rock ?? And how about piping schematic ?
  4. J

I need some help choosing equipment for converting my tank to saltwater.I think I will drill holes instead of using over top overflow. Please help me out in picking the best brand and size of protein skimmer, sump, overflow box return pump etc. Thanks so much. An if thereissome kind of typical...
  5. J

Pro's & Con's Max C 250

That is my thoughts as well Diana. It looks like a very good tank not too big not too small. I see that the north east reef aquarium conference is next saturday in long island where I live with some very good speakers including Dr Sanjay Joshi and others I have viewed some you tube videos with...
  6. J

Pro's & Con's Max C 250

Great Thanks Pat you have been very helpful also on my decision v
  7. J

Pro's & Con's Max C 250

Thanks This is what feelings I have also.
  8. J

Pro's & Con's Max C 250

I think I am getting close to choosing a max c250 for my office. I just want to hear from those who are running tank for a year or so to see how you like it so far. Is it noisy as far as fans, skimmer etc. I am ok with regular noise as I have a 120 gallon fresh water fish tank in there now and a...
  9. J

NEW RED SEA REEFER SERIES TANKS

When are those tanks going to be available to purchase ? I guess you went on the pre order list.
  10. J

Cool keep us posted on progress. Are you going to start a thread as you build new tank ? Hope so !!
  11. J

Lol you are too funny Pat you sound like my twin brother. Bigger is Better.... Thats why i put a 120 gallon tank in my small office it really is big i didn't install the canopy on top or it really would have been huge looking. So a 250 on other side wall will complement it and i will be almost...
  12. J

How long have you been running tank now ? I just started my 29 gallon 4 months and i am upgrading already to bigger tank. Just worried when i get 65 gallon running i am bonn look at bigger one. 65 galling should keep me content for a while i hope.
  13. J

Cool I am getting closer to pulling the trigger on a setup. Is this your only tank ?
  14. J

Thanks. Thats kind of what I was thinking also. I think the black is classy being into antiques and have a lot of oak antique furniture i think the black would fit in better. The white is nice but probably has more of a modern look like white furniture has but it is nice also. I have a black bio...
  15. J

Hello if i decide to go with the max c 250 closed hood unit it comes in two colors. I like to keep my tanks as clean looking as possible. With salt water it can be quite a job. With a closed in hood typ i see some videos after a while when hood was open it looked pretty salty in there. What...
  16. J

Wow thanks for sharing that link I was just reading and viewing and will follow his thread..
  17. J

So with the stock lighting that comes with the set up are you happy with how the corals look ? Do they pop without the led lighting ? I have a kessil a360 on my bio cube with the controller and it really makes my corals and aquarium look awesome.
  18. J

Thanks so much for your time and input. I currently am running a 130 gallon fresh water Cichlid tank I have had a tank of some sort since I was a kid. Always wanting bigger and better LOL. I was thinking of converting my 130 to salt water but like you said it is huge firstly thinking of the...
  19. J

Yes I have seen innovative open tanks which come with a plastic mesh to avoid this. I wonder why Red Sea didn't also do the same ? Also I feel enclosed top is neater as far as having your lighting in hood instead of hanging or clipping to side of tank. I have my bio cube in my office and having...
  20. J

What is the advantage of an open top verses a closed one ? Is it the top view of the corals ? I bet you get more water evaportion with that type of tank. I like the idea of starting with aio setup for beginers and switching to sump later on pretty cool idea .. Hello Pat How long have you been...