New 125 Gallon Build

jtcplumb

Can I get some advice on what brand Sump and Skimmer to run on this build. Probably a loaded question as we all have our opinions on what works best for our tank but at least I will get some feed back. I want a sump with socks, and lids on each compartment. I don't think I will be making a refugium. How is the synergy,trigger or eshopp sumps ? And as far as protein skimmer looking at either a eshopp or hydor skimmer. Looking to keep noise level down and smell as tank is in my office. Was thinking of maybe piping down to basement just adds more work... Thanks for all your advice.

Snelly40

haha yes definately a loaded question, im sure there will be many many opinions.
personally, i run an Aqueon proflex 4 sump, http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23752 i have pics of it on my counter for a better quality view and you can see the actual size of it. i love it, very well designed, super quiet with the cups for the incoming water and the design works well.

for the skimmer, i use a Aquamaxx EM200... i love it... i hear great things about Vertex as well, they make my zeo reactor so i know their quality is phenomneal. good luck!! and excited to see it come together