Search results

1. kathya0321

Metal Tongs

I use metal tongs to feed my brittle star clams, within the last 2 days my clown fish and watchman goby are laying on their sides and breathing very hard, we have tested our water sal 1.025 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20 ph 8.2 phos .044 Just wondering if using those tongs could be putting...
  2. kathya0321

What size Koralia

Hi, I am upgrading to a 72 gallon bowfront, wondering what size Koralia's I need I will be purchasing 2 for each side of the tank.
  3. kathya0321

ID Please

IMG_0244[1] by kathya0321 posted Feb 12, 2015 at 3:34 PM I noticed this today under the rock my torch coral is on, it looks as if there may be two of them. Any idea of what they can be, looks like some kind of filter feeder.
  4. kathya0321

Posting Photos

I am trying to upload a picture and I keep getting a message saying the file is too large. Any ideas? I've never posted a pic before so not sure what I am doing.
  5. kathya0321

Ammonia Spike

So my 14 gal Bio Cube has been up and running for 10 months. I have been having trouble keeping my Nitrates down, I normally do a 2 gallon water change per week, but I decided to do a 3 gallon last week. The next day all my corals looked terrible, and like they were dying. I checked my...
  6. kathya0321

Skimmer

Can someone give me some ideas on a good skimmer for a 72 gal reef tank? I will be doing a 30 gal refugim and placing it in there.
  7. kathya0321

Kessil A150W Special Blend LED Aquarium Light vs Innovative Marine 8 Watt 14000K

Hi, So I am looking for advice for lighting on my Bio Cube 14. I had the Innovative Marine first and it didn't seem to give off enough light, so I switched to the Kessil. My corals don't seem to be doing any better and know I am not sure if the light is to bright. Any ideas?
  8. kathya0321

New Mushroom

I just received a Orange Ricordia mushroom in the mail today. Since I have put it in my tank it has been giving off slime. Is that a bad thing or is it something they do when they are stressed?
  9. kathya0321

Lighting for Bio Cube 14

Can anyone give me any ideas of different lighting options for my BC14? I am looking to remove the top and place something that will give me more airflow to help keep the temp down. Thanks.
  10. kathya0321

Corals not looking good

Ok I don't understand why my zoa's and my Duncans are not opening and looking bad. My water parameters are perfect, the only thing I notice is my tank is running around 82-84 degrees. Could it be to warm for them or shouldn't that matter?
  11. kathya0321

What kind of Crab to get?

So my 14 gal Bio Cube has been up and running since March. I just finished battling a cyano outbreak. At this point I have 3 narcissus snails, 2 Conch's and 3 Marguerita (maybe 2) I found an empty shell. I am thinking about adding a couple to crabs to help clean up the sand and any leftover...
  12. kathya0321

Duncan Coral Slime

Hi, I have had a Duncan coral with 4 heads for over a month now, all of a sudden one is dying with slime all over it. WTH! Do I need to get rid of the whole coral or will the others be ok?
  13. kathya0321

Help with Math :)

I hate to admit it, but I am stumped. I have a container of 500 ml of Seachem Gel which treats a 120 gal tank. I have a 14 gal Bio Cube with 11 lbs of rock, can anyone help me figure out how much of the Carbon I should use? I came up with 8 tsp. But it seems like that isn't very much. Any help...
  14. kathya0321

Dosing B Ionic

My readings: Ca 340 KH 8 I want to start dosing, my calcium is really low. The bottles say to dose 1ml per 4 gallons. Is this eventually going to raise my ca without raising my KH and Ph to high?
  15. kathya0321

Changing Filter Media

Hi, I am currently using a Eshopps sponge and Matrix Carbon for my filter. I want to clean my sponge when I change my carbon, but I am afraid I will wash away good bacteria. Also is it ok to use reusable filter bags to put the carbon in?
  16. kathya0321

Coral Frag

What is the best way to remove a small coral frag from a plug without damaging the coral. I currently have a small Blue Snowflake Polyp I'm trying to place.
  17. kathya0321

Raise Calcium

Hi, My calcium is only reading 300, I know I have to be at 400 - 500 for a reef tank. What would I use to raise it up?
  18. kathya0321

Attaching Corals

Does anyone have a specific glue they use to attach corals to live rock. Also any suggestions on the best way to do it if they are on plugs. Thanks,
  19. kathya0321

Tank Cycled

My tank has cycled. PH 8.0 would like it between 8.2 - 8.4 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 5.0 However for some reason my salinity is 1.030, so need to get that down. What is an acceptable Nitrate level if I plan on having invertebrates? Also I have an Instant Ocean Hydrometer, that I am...
  20. kathya0321

Cyclin

Ok my 14 Gal Bio Cube has been up and running for 2 weeks now. My readings are as follows: PH 8.0 Ammonia 0.25 Nitrites 1.0 Nitrates 2.5 So my question is once my Ammonia and Nitrites reach zero again, will I then do a water change to lower the Nitrates and what is an acceptable...