Help with Math :)

kathya0321

I hate to admit it, but I am stumped. I have a container of 500 ml of Seachem Gel which treats a 120 gal tank. I have a 14 gal Bio Cube with 11 lbs of rock, can anyone help me figure out how much of the Carbon I should use? I came up with 8 tsp. But it seems like that isn't very much. Any help would be appreciated.

Newjack

ok... I am rounding up for everything is going to come up with a remainder... 500 ml for 120 gal means 4.17 ml per gallon.. so that's 58.39 ml for 14 gallons. As for water displacement on your live rock and so.. there's no exact way to convert lbs. to displacement. So the most accurate way to figure out water displacement would be to measure how much water you put in empty.. witch would be 14 gallons. then how much water you can put in with everything in it. However you dont want to do that lol. So I have no idea how much water is being displaced by your live rock and such. so ill do this rounding down for safety..
12 3/4 teaspoon for 14 gal. 11 teaspoons for 13 gal, 10 teaspoons for 12 gal, 9 1/4 teaspoon for 11 gal, 8 1/2 teaspoon for 10 gal

To figure it up i just take 500 ml divided by 120 gal equals 4.17 ml per gal. then 4.17 ml per gal times number of gallons to dose. then use a converter for ml to teaspoons on google. looks something like this.

500/120=4.17(g)

g being gallons to dose.

then ~4.93 ml in a teaspoon in the US or 5ml rounded up.