Search results

1. fallesen

Coral ID

Thanks guys. It doesnt seem to have a visible mouth...Scolymia seems to be the best bid :)
  2. fallesen

Coral ID

Hi guys, I have had this coral for a while, and I really like it. Although, I dont know what it is. Can anyone give me a hand here? It is VERY aggressive! It stings everything coming too close. I have just put it on the buttom of the tank, since I want my goniopora further up the tank :)...
  3. fallesen

soft coral identification

Cant see the pictures?
  4. fallesen

RSM250 with Deltec MC500 - problem

I already did clean the Deltec MC500. Two times. I have removed any old snails and stuff that could clog the pump. Is there an alternative to a Deltec MC500 I should look at instead?
  5. fallesen

RSM250 with Deltec MC500 - problem

Hi guys, I bought a used RSM 250 a few months ago. With it was a Deltec MC500. The aquarium is running fine. My corals and fish are doing well, but the Deltec MC500 is making a LOT of noise. It is around 3 years old. On top of that, the pump stopped skimming last week, and I had the fumble a...
  6. fallesen

My first RSM250

Re: My first RSM250 (Picture HEAVY) Hi guys, Some new pictures from my tank today :) Everything seems to be running fine for now. Having some issues with my osmosis system though, due to low water pressure in my apartment. Here are some pictures...
  7. fallesen

My first RSM250

Thanks for all of your comments :) I will not add any more fish now for a couple of weeks. I talked to my local fishstore and expressed my concern by adding fish. He said it would be a problem with the ones I added now. Im gonna add a few shrimps to clean when I have the time, and way more...
  8. fallesen

My first RSM250

Hi guys, Some new pictures now. I have added some new life to the tank: 1 sand seastar 4 snails 2 clown fishs 1 emperor fish 1 surgeon fish (Doris from Finding Nemo :p ) The skimmer is working perfectly. A little noisy, but i hope I can fix it somehow. I have added another pump in...
  9. fallesen

My first RSM250

Hey peeps, New pictures! I finaly had some time...actually, my first night home for a few weeks! Took the time to snap some photos of my lovely RSM :) Im not sure yet that I like the rockwork. My girlfriend likes it though. I moved the corals from my old tank last night. Seems that most of...
  10. fallesen

My first RSM250

Okay guys, meassurements of the day :) Mg = I cant meassure this...nothing happens. Is this good or bad? NO2 = 0 NO3 = 0,05 - 0,1 KH = 7 Alk = 2,5 Am I ready for some corals from my old tank?
  11. fallesen

My first RSM250

Yeah. Im gonna test it first thing in the morning. Just didnt have the time. Do u think I can put in a few corals? Hammercoral and sarcophyton?
  12. fallesen

My first RSM250

Hi guys, Nitrites is around 1. But I was not able to meassure Ca and Mg. KH = 6 Alk = 2.16 How does that look? Pictures from tonight. Messed around with the aquascaping :) Not sure im satisfied...
  13. fallesen

My first RSM250

It seems like my cycling has stopped...no new algeas are appearing. I havent had the big algea boom of either brown or green. I started having a thin layer of brown algeas on the sand and rocks, but they dont seem to be growing. Now I have a few/a thin layer of green'ish algeas on the glass...
  14. fallesen

Jeff's RSM S500

Looks great! S500 seems to be an awesome tank :)
  15. fallesen

My first RSM250

Well, NO2 is zero. I dont have a ammonia test-kit...forgot about that.
  16. fallesen

My first RSM250

By the way, when should I hook up my skimmer? During or after the cycle?
  17. fallesen

My first RSM250

I hope the amonia is done :) I have my old tank waiting...corals and crabs waiting for the new home. My old tank is in my old appartment, and that place has to be empty by the 30th of August!
  18. fallesen

My first RSM250

Cool chart! Thanks. I have not yet started to meassure yet. Maybe I should try it. I didnt want to meassure before the cycling really kicked in, since the nitrates has to rise and fall anyway :) Im gonna meassure it tomorrow!
  19. fallesen

My first RSM250

Some new pictures from this everning. Note: The rockwork is not finished at all. This is LIVEROCK only, i have some more rock lying around (dead), that I will wash/rinse down and put in, when the algea cycles are finished. Sorry for the dirty glass :) The first algeaphase has...
  20. fallesen

My first RSM250

Hi guys, I a guy from Denmark, 28 years old, and have had aquaria for some years. Lately freshwater, and in february i switched to saltwater :) I started out with a BOYU 128 (TL-550), but now I have just upgraded, since I moved in my girlfriend and have some more room. I bought a used RSM250...