RSM250 with Deltec MC500 - problem

fallesen

Hi guys,

I bought a used RSM 250 a few months ago. With it was a Deltec MC500.
The aquarium is running fine. My corals and fish are doing well, but the Deltec MC500 is making a LOT of noise. It is around 3 years old. On top of that, the pump stopped skimming last week, and I had the fumble a lot with it to get it working. Today it was turned off (because of the noise - gf had to read for study), and when I was turned on again, it didnt make any bubles.

What should I do here? I need a silent skimmer...can I replace the pump in the Deltec? Should I instead use a Tunze 9004? Or two Tunze 9002?

Please help. The noise is too much ... I have tried to wrap the Deltec pump in white filter-material, doesnt make a difference. I hope you can help me :)

The skimmer is skimming fine, when it's running and working. Lots of gunk.

saltfan

I have one and when it stops blowing bubbles the air line is plugged at the pump with salt. Once I realized that it was doing this I started squirting R/O water down it a couple times a week. Also take the pump apart and clean the pin wheel ya probable have some sand stuck in between them.

fallesen

I already did clean the Deltec MC500. Two times. I have removed any old snails and stuff that could clog the pump.

Is there an alternative to a Deltec MC500 I should look at instead?