My first RSM250

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looks like your cycle is over, go ahead and add a couple of corals.

fallesen

Hey peeps,

New pictures! I finaly had some time...actually, my first night home for a few weeks! Took the time to snap some photos of my lovely RSM :) Im not sure yet that I like the rockwork. My girlfriend likes it though.
I moved the corals from my old tank last night. Seems that most of them didnt notice! Some Zoa's i bought doesnt look good...i hope they will get better soon.

It seems that I have some bubble-algaes...i dont know where they came from. Im gonna try to get some of them when I do a waterchange this weekend. Otherwise I might buy a emerald crab.

Take a look, and let me know what u think :)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looks good! Sometimes zoas get cranky and it may take them a bit before they open.

fallesen

Hi guys,

Some new pictures now.
I have added some new life to the tank:
1 sand seastar
4 snails
2 clown fishs
1 emperor fish
1 surgeon fish (Doris from Finding Nemo :p )

The skimmer is working perfectly. A little noisy, but i hope I can fix it somehow. I have added another pump in the tank, because I have some spots with brown sand. Is the brown sand because of wrong cirkulation??
I have LONG green algaes on the back in the tank. How can I get this off? All of my corals look very healthy!

I am trying to figure out how to feed my fish...im going to Paris from thursday to monday. Do I need make someone feed the fish, or is it okay with no feeding for a few days?

PICTURES:

Have a nice day :)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Your tank is going through the normal new tank progression that we have all been through. This will include diatoms (brown on the sand), green hair algae (GHA) along with other things that will make your tank "ugly" at times. With good husbandry (weekly water changes with zero TDS RO/DI water) along with running good filter media like Chemi-Pure Elite and Purigen, it will all clear up over time.

Feed your fish before you leave on Thursday and then feed them when you back on Monday, they will be fine for that period of time.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^ beautiful tank

I love snails for clean up crew (cuc) I don't see mnny in the pics, in my RSM 250 I have around 60-90 algae eaters :)

Ceriths, Nassarius, Margarita Turbos, Astrea & Banded Trochus, Mexican Turbos

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Your tank looks AWESOME! I'd only suggest that you s-l-o-w down on adding fish. Too many too fast, then we usually hear about major troubles.
Love your choices of fish & coral to compliment your gorgeous rock scape. :thumbup:

fallesen

Thanks for all of your comments :) I will not add any more fish now for a couple of weeks. I talked to my local fishstore and expressed my concern by adding fish. He said it would be a problem with the ones I added now.
Im gonna add a few shrimps to clean when I have the time, and way more snails of different sorts :)

LETS GET THIS TANK RUNNING :D

Tokalosh

Great looking tank, and some good advice given above.

Looking forward to seeing this tank mature.

Tok

fallesen

Re: My first RSM250 (Picture HEAVY)

Hi guys,

Some new pictures from my tank today :) Everything seems to be running fine for now. Having some issues with my osmosis system though, due to low water pressure in my apartment.

Here are some pictures:

What is the name of this one? (aboev this text)

Which one is this? Someone knows the name for this one? (above the text here)