Search results

1. caitrina

The Great Un-Build

Yeah, there she is good ol' Cat, she just gotta be different, huh? Yes, you read it right, the un-build. I figure I started a few chronicles here of building, some stalled, some that never quite made it off the ground, but where in these chronicles are you gonna find a step by step procedure of...
  2. caitrina

My Fish are moving

Well, I think they have been eavesdropping, the fish that is...I looked in my tank and they are swimming in schools carrying little knapsacks on sticks, moving out. OK, maybe that was just my imagination...however, this isn't . The fish gotta move for a brief period of time. I have to get new...
  3. caitrina

23+ Heads Missing!

Well, yesterday was the first day I had been in a LFS for at least a month. :yehoo:I went down to a place in Vero that I go to once in awhile. Logical Reef. Something told me to go there because I would find something neat. Well, I did. I found a sale! :yehoo:3 Corals for 99.00! These corals...
  4. caitrina

100 Clown Fish Fry!

Life is funny sometimes, today when I fed the 65 tank I did my normal survey of the tank, nothing unusual. I went to a memorial service for one of our guys who passed away a day before Christmas and I come home, look in the tank and what do I find? Clown eggs, my clown laid eggs! I know...
  5. caitrina

OT: 'Til we Meet Again

Edited due to a change...:lol:
  6. caitrina

Wormies Wormies....

Was cleaning the algae out of my overflow today and this is what I found. Are they what I think they are.
  7. caitrina

Ot: Omg> My Daughter Carnegie Hall

:bugout: :whstlr: Dear Parent, Your child has been invited and chosen to be a part of a small advanced choir to perform in Carnegie Hall in April 2007. We will be presenting the Faure Requiem with Anton Armstrong as our conductor. We will be staying in a upscale Motel, sightseeing, and...
  8. caitrina

OT: Things We Make!

Being the crafty person I am always on the look out for new things to make and do. I enjoy all types of woodworking, from making yard ornaments to the daintiest scroll saw designs. Needlework is also a favorite from crocheting to cross stitch and quilts. Just don't ask me to make a dress. I...
  9. caitrina

What Is It?

Lately I noticed some strange spots on my tang. Doesn't look like any ick I have seen on freshwater fish I have had, but yet these are spots. This is the fish I have been trying to capture to take to an LFS so he can find a bigger home, but now look at him. Are these spots something else or is...
  10. caitrina

OT: Turkey Table Tension

This morning I opened up my browser and there in front of me was the page I should not have seen today. The headline read "How to cope with family tension at the table" When I first read the headline all I could think about is just how far this society has gotten from the meanings of holidays...
  11. caitrina

OT: Take Time To Smell the Roses

Almost every morning I walk at least a half mile, if my injuries can handle it I will walk farther. I don't always go to the same place and I am always on the look out for new places to explore because on these walks I take my camera with me. When I forget it Murphy's Law makes me say...dag nab...
  12. caitrina

Kiss My Sweet Lips

Well, Lynn and I went to RS today and although there was plenty of opportunity for things to jump in the car all the corals were pretty much on good behaviour today. That's not to say that there weren't things that didn't follow us to the car. One thing I am regretting not getting was the rock...
  13. caitrina

Cat's 90 Gallon Toy

A few months ago I announced that my nephew had given me his 90 gallon tank , stand, lights, and all the trimmings. Although I am going to say it was free we all know how "FREE" goes. Let's just say I didn't have to buy sump, lights, skimmer, or anything else. He even gave me things that he some...
  14. caitrina

Something Drowning?

Looks like I am full of questions tonight. I actually saw this the other day, but figured it was nothing but a little air escaping that had somehow gotten trapped somewhere. However, I can't find my cleaner shrimp and I am wondering if maybe something is in there holding him down in the water...
  15. caitrina

New Coralline

The other day I was moving rocks around in the 65, there was a reason for this, but I don't remember why, but when I moved some of the rocks and put others in new places I saw that behind my tube anemone there is red, pink and orange coralline growing on the rocks. This area of the rock does not...
  16. caitrina

OT: Our Haunted Houses-

Pictures may not be suitable for the faint at heart. Also, please note food is used to obtain the life like results of some photos, ie. chicken,spaghetti, tomato sauce etc. Halloween was a favorite time of year for my husband and I, we loved to decorate, make costumes and all that other...
  17. caitrina

Ot: Help!

OK guys, news from the Dr. the other day wasn't that great for someone who is single, independant and stubborn so to be able to keep my tank I have to come up with ways to do things that do not involve lifting anymore than 10 lbs, no overhead lifting or work, no pushing, pulling, or tugging...
  18. caitrina

Ot: Lynn And Cat's Saltwater Shopping Spree

Well today was the first day I drove as far as I did since my therapy. Wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. Anyway, the point here is that I went on a small shopping spree with Lynn at the local LFS, HR. It was a fun time and I got all kinds of inexpensive little goodies to bring home. The...
  19. caitrina

Ot: Rs On Pms

Reading through some of these posts here and there it makes me wonder if RS is experiencing a bout with PMS? Or is it my imagination? :LOL:
  20. caitrina

Coral Propogation

REEF AQUARIUM FARMING NEWS Some old stuff but just another one of those little sites that I run across from time to time that I think are interesting.