Wormies Wormies....

caitrina

Was cleaning the algae out of my overflow today and this is what I found. Are they what I think they are.

worms_004.jpg

worms_008.jpg

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
That's why I'm paranoid and wear my heavy duty rubber gloves whenever I stick my hand in my sump....

Now I have to worry about my overflow too!

Oy Vey Ismir...

caitrina

wear my heavy duty rubber gloves
Now I have to worry about my overflow too!

Oy Vey Ismir...

:lol: Yepper, these were in the overflow all cuddly cozy in the little clumps of algae. Guess what, My heavy duty gloves went into the trash last week due to a tear and I didn't have any of the disposables, but I used a garbage bag over my hand..:lol: sure am glad I only dipped in there quickly and wasn't digging and clawing on the sides like I usually do...:bugout: :bouncebox

Oh yeah, thanks everyone. I thought that is what they were, but I wasn't sure if they could have been fireworms, just because there were some in there that were bright red on the ends.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me
Think I'll go and eat worms
Long thin skinny ones, short fat juicy ones
See how they wriggle and squirm
Bite their heads off, suck their juice out
Throw their skins away
You should see how well I thrive
On worms three times a day

mmmm nummy!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Good thing you didn't just go "rooting" around in there. Get more gloves girlie!! Or else we'll send Sas to your house to sing his poems in PERSON!!

:)

charlesr1958

Off topic a bit, but that algae growth in the overflows was a hint to me that if I provide the same type of conditions that the overflow provides, you have a mini turf scrubber. I simply lowered the water level in the last compartment of my sump, threw a light over it and now harvest a great deal of filamentous algae each week. Such algae uptake a great deal of nutrients.

sump2.jpg

Chuck