What Is It?

caitrina

Lately I noticed some strange spots on my tang. Doesn't look like any ick I have seen on freshwater fish I have had, but yet these are spots. This is the fish I have been trying to capture to take to an LFS so he can find a bigger home, but now look at him. Are these spots something else or is it the dreaded stuff I don't want to hear about? He is not scratching, isn't acting strange and no one else in the tank is either. These are the best pictures I could get of it.

tang_spots.jpg

Last edited:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
the spots on the black? I would hazard a guess at a close encounter of the stinging kind?

hma

No panic Caitrina, looks like old skin. That shows up with mine also sometimes. Like all life natures also a fish renews its skin/shed sequentially, sometimes it comes to skin irritations as in your picture to see. Enrich the fodder a little with garlic and it disappears very fast. :snshne:

DrHank

Or he may want a bigger tank. You can overnight him to me and I'll let you know how he's doing. JK, I agree with Heinz. Of course you should know that I would.

caitrina

Thanks guys, as for something stinging, nope, well it could be because I do have the tube anemone, but "havoc" doesn't leave his corner and tang doesn't go in that corner. Besides he would just about have to be wrapped up in the nem to be stung all over like this.

I hope that is what it is Heinz. I really do need to catch the thing though and get him to a bigger tank.

DrH, would you want him? I am not joking about him going to a bigger tank, he needs one and is getting too big for my tank. I would only ship him though if my LFS would do it for me. I've had him for about a year and a half now and got him when he was a tiny thing.