Search results

1. Gazzaeng

Sump options!

Thanks for the input guys all very helpfull. I think the general idea is get rid of the mud. And I'm glad that's the general feeling. It seems to cause more problems than it solves. And I'm forever picking bits of cheato out of the pump. I like the idea with the eggcrate and the caulerpa...
  2. Gazzaeng

Sump options!

Have you got ant pics of the scrubber and how does it work? Not heard of this before.
  3. Gazzaeng

Sump options!

My sump is 22 length 12 deep and the water sits 10 high. The sump lights are on 24/7 and the tank lights are on all the time but only for 8 hours at the bright light they ramp up and down in the morning and evening and on 2% blue for majority of the evening and all nite. The system is 650l I do...
  4. Gazzaeng

Sump options!

Hello everyone. Just wanted to know what everyone's opinion is on what to have in the sump? I currently have miracle mud with cheato and algae growing can't remember the name. But since I have added it 4 months ago I haven't noticed any significant changes to my levels my levels are not...
  5. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

What already people using to kill phosphates in there tanks I'm running rowa in a reactor is there anything else I can use?
  6. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

Hello everyone it's been a while since I have updated. kids really keep you on your toes! Since my last update I have rearranged all of my rock wasn't happy with how it was looking so spent a day doing it in one hit. I'll get to what you all want the pics! I do have a few questions coming...
  7. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

I know a lot of people don't like or agree with miracle mud but I was given some for and old tank I had so thought it can't harm to try it I've got it in my sump with cheato and caulerpa with a light source anybody got any other recommendations what else to do with it? If I find it's not...
  8. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

A few more updated pictures.
  9. Gazzaeng

The Draco's 9 Gal Nano

Nano is looking fantastic good job..
  10. Gazzaeng

Miracle mud!!

Hello everyone what is everybody's thoughts on miracle mud? I'm due to get some tomorrow done some research and there are mixed reviews the people that do have it are very happy with it my lfs uses it. Any input would be great.
  11. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

My newest edition to the tank. And a tank shot just playing around with the camera better pics to come.
  12. Gazzaeng

White spot

Dreaded white spot Hi as the title says my regal tang has white spot I think? It's not the best photo I can try again if it's not good enough. As normal I've read loads of stuff about it and got myself lost as to what is the best to do. I don't have a quarantine tank and can't get one set up in...
  13. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

Another quick update I've hung the lights from the ceiling didn't like the brackets sitting on the tank! What should or is there a way to work out what the return flow should be? Mine isn't a jet of water returning but it's a good steady flow?
  14. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

Totally agree had my doubts as it's new to the scene and not well know but can't fault it. Few more pics my newest edition. Apologies the photos are terrible quality only got the phone as a camera.
  15. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

The crap from my skimmer. Not a pretty pic and the smell was bad but impressed with it so far?
  16. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

I'm loving the skimz it's quiet which surprised me for the size of it and it's bringing out loads of crap well made in my opinion and easy to set up didn't take long to find the happy bubble level! I will be doin regular water changes and I'll get some more test kits and see where my levels...
  17. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

Think I will get some testing kits then I have a calcium kit. also is kh worth testing for? I never tested for them as I wanted to get a grip on nitrates etc which I think I am doin ok on now! Also I don't know enough about them to understand what I'm testing for but I will have a read through...
  18. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

It's been in this tank about a month now but it happend in my old tank. I've never tested for magnesium and calcium or alkalinity. All my other levels are good ph is always about 8.2 and at the time it happend as far as I can remember ammonia nitrite were minimal I never let the levels rise...
  19. Gazzaeng

My 150 gallon tank

Can anyone help with this my hammer I've had it for a while now and where you see the two heads are it used to be joined in the middle then the middle died off and disappeared. It hasn't got any smaller since then and it's been fine and healthy is this normal for them?
  20. Gazzaeng

Razors

That's good to hear the fins are doin a good job on them. Cheers for the input!