Search results

1. chuck116

chillers

hey guys looking for a chiller got a 180 with a 30 gallon sump. looking to get into corals want to have the right equipment . Before I check our sponsors want toknow what i should look for
  2. chuck116

Pump Question !!!!

:dunno: Can I put a prefilter sponge on the bulkhead on the inlet side of my external pump???:dunno:
  3. chuck116

Lost Again !!!!!!!!!!!

Well I finally got my new ASM G4 PLUS skimmer and PAN WORLD 200 pump install and functional tonight on my perfecto 180rr , im very excited. The bad news is that the pump almost drains the modified sump / refugium its a proclear 4 that I have, and the flow creates alot of micro bubbles unless I...
  4. chuck116

Lighting Help Please!!!!!!!!!

Hello, the outer 2 bulbs on my hamilton technology 3 x 250w mh fixture went out. I replaced the bulbs and they now go on but dont fully light up. The center bulb which is controlled by another switch is fine. I took the cover off of the remote ballast box and checked the connections everything...
  5. chuck116

Opinions Please !!

I decided to go with the iwaki pump . I found an ASM G4 USED . Would you guys think its ok to buy one used providing it does not leak ?are they that dependable ? also it has the 5000 pump . could I upgrade to the 9000 which is offered on the G4+ ? WITHOUT ANY MODS? I also found an etss...
  6. chuck116

New 8 Gallon Adventure !!!

OK I am new to the cube thing hear are some pics. They are the best I could do. I got all of these frags for $110.00 bucks!!!!
  7. chuck116

attention ASM owners !!!

Hello , I was wondering if someone out there would do me yet again another favor? I have been researching protien skimmers. I would like to go with the ASM G4 PLUS , but the web site says the footprint is 11.5 x 16. My current sump will allow 11 x 15.5 to 15.75 . My question is , is there...
  8. chuck116

Daytona ???????????/

Hey guys and gals! Any must see fish stores in the daytona area????
  9. chuck116

In sump or out ?

I no some of us spoke earlier and I no there is a heluva sale at that site today. considering the size of the skimmers for a 180 rr tank I am looking for opinions on brands . And also if I can get more skimmer I am willing to go out of sump and run the plumbing. Sorry for those who have already...
  10. chuck116

Looking for some advice!!!

Hello All ! Thanks in advance for the help, You guys and gals are always willing. I was givin an 8 gallon oceanic cube that a friend of mine gave up on, and needless to say I am VERY excited. Although I have many questions my first one is: . Maybe he ran the pump low on water because although...
  11. chuck116

any used skimmers ?

Im looking for a used skimmer for my 180RR . Something that will fit in my sump or that i can have in my stand any available ?
  12. chuck116

looking for help

i have a mateing pair of clowns that seem that they are trying to host my brain coral. what does this mean????
  13. chuck116

cortez ray

Hello have not posted in a long time looking for advise on cortez ray habitate and feeding , ant suggestions on web sites or books thanks.
  14. chuck116

More Eggs And Fishes This Time Also!!

Ok so about a month ago i had my first batch of eggs. And again about 10 days ago. This morning i woke to only four left. i was able to extract three of them with a turkey baster which is three more then i was able to save last time. i have them in a separate 10 gallon tank with an air stone and...
  15. chuck116

Enough light????

I want to set up a standard 30 gallon tank with some zoos and a toad stool leather. I am trying to avoid buying another light fixture. I have 2 36 inch t5 coralife fixtures, each has2 bulbs 1 is a 10 k and 1 true actinic they are 21 watts each for a total of 42 each, x 2 is 84 watts. please...
  16. chuck116

Believe it or not!!!

Im starting to use carbon for the first time.When I rinse new carbon should i use ro/di water to keep harmful stuff out or is it a small enough amount that i dont need to worry about it. Thanks again..
  17. chuck116

Green open brain question

I realize its ultimately my fault but i have a green open brain, which i sat on a piece of live rock. after reading some posts it seems that it maybe better on my sand so it does not tear? i have only had it two weeks and it seems happy. should i move it before it settles in or should i leave...
  18. chuck116

Toadstool Question: Tried to search for answer, no luck

Hello again. Back asking for help with my toadstool leather. I purchased it a week ago and it was ok for a week. now it seems that the polyps on it have retracted and are staying that way. then this morning i noticed that there are some small white spots. on it. the other toadstool i have which...
  19. chuck116

This may be obvious but not to me.

PLEASE HELP! I have put a 10 gallon tank inside the stand of my 180. Just in case my clown eggs hatch and i am able to get some of them out. I plummed a mag 3 which lays in my fuge which runs a homemade media filter. I installed a t fitting and ran an additional inlet from the pump into the 10...
  20. chuck116

nothing for a year now this!!!

OK came home today to find this. Please help!