attention ASM owners !!!

chuck116

Hello , I was wondering if someone out there would do me yet again another favor? I have been researching protien skimmers. I would like to go with the ASM G4 PLUS , but the web site says the footprint is 11.5 x 16. My current sump will allow 11 x 15.5 to 15.75 . My question is , is there someone who has one that would measure it for me or take a picture of it to show me if there is any way I could gain that .25 or .5 of an inch ? Thanks in advance. Chuck P.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's a pretty easy one for the right person LOL! I have a smaller ASM so naturally this question caught my eye but I can't help other than the BUMP :)

Hopefully someone with that particular unit can come along and add input.

:D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Also . . . .

I don't think you'll be able to get it into the space you currently have because my sump is 3/4 larger than my G-3 and it's still a tight fit. If the moon and stars aren't correctly aligned I can't get it in and out LOL

prow

i am with al, can not help much as i have the G4xx with the 15000 pump. looks lynn will take it for ya, that is if she can find the tape measure....

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
i am with al, can not help much as i have the G4xx with the 15000 pump. looks lynn will take it for ya, that is if she can find the tape measure....

Uh oh! You know how "women" are with tape measures! They've all been lied to their whole life... men holding up there fingers just 4" apart and saying "That's a FOOT baby!" LOL

chuck116

LOL . I got a second a work and checked my post thanks for the laughs and bumps and info I hope Lynns energency is not a big one . I will anxtiously check again after work. by the way . How big is the tank you have the G 3 on AL ???? I think that will fit in my sump but was not sure it was enough skimmer for my 180 tank!!

chuck116

I would really like to resolve this issue, I am thinking more and more that i may have to go with an external pump and skimmer , I just dont know which one to go with . I think the pump is narrowed down to the iwaki 70 everyone seems to like the ASM but I cant get a big enough one in my sump. And im not sure they can be piped outside. HELP!!!!!!