Search results

1. waucedah_joe

ID Please

I picked this up at a swap yesterday but can't remember what the heck it is. Any help with an ID will be greatly appreciated. For scale, it's mounted on a 1" square frag plug.
  2. waucedah_joe

Gluing Loc-Line

Has anyone had any success gluing anything to the ball and socket style of pipe? I purchased a 1/2" flow accelerator and thought I'd be able to snap it right on 1/2" loc-line but, the ball and socket on the flow accelerator is larger. I'd like to just glue it to the end of the loc-line but I'm...
  3. waucedah_joe

Waucedah Joe's 140 Build

Well I've been working on this for a while so I thought I'd take a break and post some pictures. Got this tank from Great Lakes Aquariums in Warren Michigan. Figured since I was in the area to pick it up The Wife and I might as well take in a Red Wings game. They beat the Blues to make a...
  4. waucedah_joe

Blue Velvet Nudibranch, nocturnal?

After months of waiting lists, delayed or canceled orders etc, I finally was able to get a Blue Velvet Nudibranch to help me with a flatworm problem. After acclimation I put it in the display and the thing really went to town. Like a lawnmower, it was clearing out flatworms for 15 minutes or...
  5. waucedah_joe

Bicolor vs. Lawnmower Blenny, which to choose.

I want to get a fish to replace my departed Lawnmower Blenny. I've been looking at a bicolor blenny to add some color to my tank. My question is, is the bicolor similar in nature to the lawnmower blenny? By that I mean, are its needs similar, is it as good on eating hair algae, similar...
  6. waucedah_joe

RO/DI question

I recently installed a dual input TDS meter on my filter unit. The output of the DI filter is tubed to a float operated solenoid valve then to a 25 gallon reservoir. What I'm seeing is that when I remove water from the reservoir and water begins to flow through the filter the TDS after the RO...
  7. waucedah_joe

ID anyone?

Got this at the DRs. F&S frag swap but have no idea what it is. It nearly melted completely when I first put it in my tank but it's recovered nicely. Anyone know what it might be? Edit: Oops, kind of big.
  8. waucedah_joe

Format.

Yesterday I logged in and clicked on the "new posts" link under my name in the user CP box on the left hand side of the page. When I did the list came up with a column on the left that showed if and how many posts I had made on a particular topic. This column was gone when I went to page two...
  9. waucedah_joe

OT: Bryozoan?

I see I've graduated from tubeworm to Bryozoan. What the heck is a Bryozoan?
  10. waucedah_joe

Should I intervene?

My tank has been set up for almost a year and my water parameters has been stable for several months so I ordered a bubble tip anemone which I've wanted since before I got my setup. It came via Fed Ex on Friday. I temperature acclimated it for 30 minutes (I know there are varying opinions on...
  11. waucedah_joe

Critique my sump design.

Ok, here goes. After much thought and research I think I'm close to final design for my new sump/fuge to go with my 75 gal. reef tank. I plan on a 1200 gph HOB overflow. Drain will enter sump on the right side where my AquaC remora pro skimmer will hang off the right side. Water will...