Gluing Loc-Line

waucedah_joe

Has anyone had any success gluing anything to the ball and socket style of pipe? I purchased a 1/2" flow accelerator and thought I'd be able to snap it right on 1/2" loc-line but, the ball and socket on the flow accelerator is larger. I'd like to just glue it to the end of the loc-line but I'm not sure what type of adhesive / bonding agent to use. My thoughts were epoxy or maybe even PVC cement.

Frankie

RS STAFF
loc line is made of polypropylene so you need to use cpvc cement for that. Not the regular pvc cement. I am pretty sure it come in an orange container just like regular cement at home depot.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Should I use the purple primer too?

Sorry to respond so late to this. I have been very busy Joe. No, there is no need for the primer as long as you clean the parts very well. IF your going to use primer you can use the clear pvc cleaner. I hate the look of purple drip marks!:chomp:

waucedah_joe

The CPVC cement didn't work at all, just flaked off after it dried. I did use the purple primer first since I hadn't seen the above replies yet. Not sure if it was the small surface area compared to a pipe joint or what, but neither the primer or the cement seemed to melt the Line Loc like I would have expected. So, I cleaned off all of the CPVC cement and scuffed up both parts to be glued with some emery cloth and tried some super glue gel. I let it cure overnight and haven't checked it yet to see if that worked.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hmm, my error. Sorry to waste your time. After reading this I went and looked at what I used and it was what I recommended from what I can tell. I can see the orange on the black.
IF the super glue does not work for you let us know.

waucedah_joe

No worries, Frankie. Maybe I should have scuffed up the surfaces, but I didn't think that was necessary with a solvent type glue. I'll post later when I get home and see how the super glue gell worked.

waucedah_joe

The superglue seems to have done the trick. I can articulate the adjacent joints with out the glue failing. I put another coat on for good measure.

waucedah_joe

Proly should have posted this with the original question, but for closure here's what I was trying to do.

140Build-003-1.jpg