Search results

1. Midway

Refugium DIY Help Please

Whats is a baffle and what's good for?
  2. Midway

Minimum lighting needed for Anemone

Craig: Puebla is in the center of the Mexican Republic, Just 2 hous away from México City. Besides... Nice spanish... Gracias!,... Midway.
  3. Midway

I'm not english native so I'm kinda lost on technicisms what PC and PAR stands for? and... how can I measure the lumens on my tank??
  4. Midway

I wonder.... I wonder.... I want to put a BTA and a true percula clown in a 12 Gal Hexagonal Tank,(I know it's a small tank) The actual light is a 15W 10k light "saver" kind... The hood says it can fit a 60W normal bulb max... Is the same 15W "saver-bulb" (the kind of light that the...
  5. Midway

what is the basic eqquipment...

I may have forgot to tell, or misswrite it, all the LFS tells me their systems are the only ones to work, "the other are just junk" or "the other stores just want to sell you equipment you don't need" or "The thing they sell are old, this is new" or "the system that the other store is selling...
  6. Midway

Home-Made Protein Skimmer

Maxx: Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.. Cheers! Midway
  7. Midway

Best Method for killing Dino's?

Way to go!!! We're with you! ah! one last thing... BEAT THE DINO'S BUTT OFF YOU TANK!!! Cheers... Midway
  8. Midway

Home-Made Protein Skimmer

I'm a home-made lover, and I want to build a homemade protein skimmer, do you know any parameters of the flow, size, air-pump capacity, powerhead capacity, etc... I intend to use this skimmer on a 12 Gal. tank.... If this try succed I'll try a larger version to a 80 Gal. tank.... What...
  9. Midway

Snail Problem in Fresh Water

I've the same problem, I've noticed the snails popping all over the place but the real problem aren't the snails, the real problem are the eggs, they can resist a lot. I guess the pennys are a good solution but here in México we don't use copper coins all our money are made of nickel... I'll...
  10. Midway

Maxx: I'm in México, the books are really expensive (if found good ones) and/or takes an eternity to reach your house... and if you add the issue that your address is really confusing (due to the "excelent" city design) many of your internet purchasing ends in others hands.. That's why I'm...
  11. Midway

My fishes died! :waa:

Thanks to all for your support and your advices, now I'll be starting a daily book to write everything it happens to my lonely goldfish, I'll write some diets and a FAQ to the fishsitter just in case I'll ever go on vacations more than a week... Thanks again to all ... Sadly... Midway.
  12. Midway

My fishes died! :waa:

:( I've been on vacations :) and left my precious freshwater tank in my mother's hands :smack: to keep them while I was out, I returned yesterday only to find a muddy-greenish-slimmy "water" into my tank, :eek: and 7 of my 8 little creatures floating upside-down... It was really messy...
  13. Midway

Thanks everyone... Salty queen said: "It sounds like you are planning on putting the tank on an existing entertainment wall-unit type system. Just make sure the shelving is strong enough to hold all of the water, live rock, etc. Most entertainment centers you would buy in a furniture store...
  14. Midway

Thanks to all.. I'm getting a second thought on my tank.. I've been thinking in building my tank on the space provided for my TV on the Living Room Cabinet, so more or less I've been calculating on this measures: 36"x28"x28", calculating 80 Gal. and may I put in there (1) Bubble Tip Anemone...
  15. Midway

first of all, HELLO!!!!!!! Next.. What is the basic equipment 8and tank size) to start a reef tank to get an anemone (Bubble tip), (3) true percula, 2 regal tangs and a starfish???? Thanks!