Search results

1. D

If boiling my live rock kill Aiptasia, whats the after effects?

Yes, amazing enough one large rock has no aiptasia they I can see. Do I scrub it down with regular tap water?
  2. D

If boiling my live rock kill Aiptasia, whats the after effects?

STORY: I've had my tank for years now. During last year I got out of it, sold my corals and fish. HOWEVER, I kept my live rock and tank in participation of getting back into the hobby. Tank is doing good, got a couple of hardy corals. But it seems I had a glass anemone in my tank while I was...
  3. D

If you have surface bubbles that appears chemical looking, is the water contaminated?

Picture you watching the ditches, and the bubbles aren't just clear white but it has the pink and blue in the transparency of it and that's because of the dish washing soap. Now this is what I'm somewhat seeking in my skimmer bubbles. Long ago I posted how my Remora skimmer is sucking up a...
  4. D

Is it possible to have bacteria bloom months into the tank?

Big Al, your absolutely right. I was being a noob thinking only about the light conditions and not given any thought on the water conditions. As far as treating the water, to be perfectly honest almost nothing anymore. In the beginning I had all the chemicals, but as time progressed they went...
  5. D

in between 1.026 and 1.028. The only reason why I have to say 28 is due coming home sometimes with it the water being lower due to evaporation thus causing a increase to sg to 1.028 but never higher. Oh yeah my bulbs are all over a year old 4x 65w actnics and 2 150w metal halides.. Dmatt your...
  6. D

As I said I'm not sure if the test kit can have a expire date lol :jester: or what but my readings Phosphate 0, nitrate 5.0, ammonia undetectable, ph 7.8, water.....apartment water, I know I know but xenias are doing great lol. Mushrooms are okay, toadstool hasn't extended it's polyps, taro...
  7. D

So my new tank is obviously still young it's only been up for about 3 months. Everything appear to look okay, but now the water is looking more milky/cloudy looking. It of course already went through the diatom faze and the hair algae starting to disappear about a week and half ago. I thought...
  8. D

Aqua Remora is skimming mostly water at the highest level...

Recently my Remora has been skimming a lot of water from my 65 tank. For the past few months it was skimming nice dark green at the highest level (the suction cop is raised as high as it can). I've been also seeing a lot of bubbles on the surface of my water in the sump. The bubbles appear to...
  9. D

What would be the Recommended turnover rate for the differeent types of corals?

Thank you everyone :) I know I've been signed up on here since last year. I mostly looked and learned, afterall most questions can be answered if a person can just look at through the forums here instead of asking a question that has already been answered :bluenod: I think I'm going to go...
  10. D

What would be the Recommended turnover rate for the differeent types of corals?

As the title would ask "What would be the Recommended turnover rate for the different types of corals?" I currently have a 65 gallon tank that has been setup for 4 months now. As to why I still have 1 pathetic 300gph powerhead and the 660 gph return pump (probably 300 gph after travel...