Aqua Remora is skimming mostly water at the highest level...

dlea

Recently my Remora has been skimming a lot of water from my 65 tank. For the past few months it was skimming nice dark green at the highest level (the suction cop is raised as high as it can). I've been also seeing a lot of bubbles on the surface of my water in the sump. The bubbles appear to look of the soap kind. I've always washed my hands before entering going in my tank, but who knows maybe it's possible that a cologne or body wash got it from my forearms or something.

Has anyone dealt with anything like this before or knows what it could possibly be? thanks

Attachments

• Photo0558.jpg
    Photo0558.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Photo0560.jpg
    Photo0560.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 21

tnwillia

How much water movenent do you have thru your sump (geared towards the surface bubbles) is there surface agitation of your sump water? Have you ever done your water change in your sump instead of the DT? Good luck with it!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Im going to guess that the injector is fouled and not producing enough bubbles, so what should be skimmed is not, as water falls from the outflow its still full of crap and is floating in the sump, remove injector assembly and clean with vinegar