Search results

1. G

130 2.0 Seahorse Gorg Full Zeo

Hello, I am currently in the works of starting up my old RSM 130. Tank will be gorgonian dominant with seahorses and perhaps pipefish. Will be leak testing this weekend and save any surprises hopefully mixing up some h2o. Rsm130 Kessil a130we with reef keeper lite MP10 Vertex 1.5l zeo...
  2. G

15g SPS

Hello, Used to have a RSM but tore it down because I could not keep up with the maintenance while going to school. While I have not graduated I have more time and I wanted to start fresh and use the expensive parts I added to my RSM on a smaller tank to get more bang for my buck. I...
  3. G

Aqua Clear 20 motor fit an AQ70 body?

Hello all. I currently have an AQ20 on my girlfriend and I's picotope. We are looking into doing a AQ70 fuge. However I hear many use the AQ 20 impeller in the AQ70 to keep the flow in check. Does this mean that the AQ20 and 70 use the same motor? If so I can forego buying a full 70...
  4. G

Starting over with 15L

Hello all. Having dismantled my RSM I am being bit by the reef bug again. The leftover equipment I have a 5-6 gal RS-90 Eshopps sump, overflow box (lifereef RSM), 24" 4xT5 Aquatic life fixture, MP10, and Tunze Nano DOC makes me want to save up for a smaller tank and give it another go...
  5. G

Transitioning from CC to BB

I have a Crushed Coral substrate and absolutely hate it (didn't know any better at first)... it constantly grows GHA and it is chock full of nutrients. I am considering going BareBottom to just be done with it. My plan is to take out around 1/4 at a time over the next 4 weeks. Optimally I...
  6. G

3 Gal Pico: Not to scale

Hello all many know me from the RSM forums, but my girlfriend and I started a 3 gal pico last night which we felt we should share. We hope everyone enjoys it as much as we do. The daschund wished to remain anonymous.
  7. G

130 and Nem's

Has anyone successfully kept an nem in a 130? Since I've upgraded my lights I've considered keeping one for my clown since he hosts in things he shouldn't and is getting beat up because of it. I know they run the risk of nuking the tank and are difficult but would a 4x 24w aquatic life...
  8. G

Hikari Mysid Frozen Cubes

Is it just me or are Hikari Mysid cubes a bit lighter on the mysids lately? I never paid attention to the net weight so I can't tell if there has been a change... just buy the same sized pack of cubes and it seems like I have to feed more now. Anyone else use this food and what are your...
  9. G

Ati Actinic looked white....?

Hello all, was just at a LFS and loved the way the corals popped under 2 Ati Actinic bulbs (they were the only 2 that were on). To my surprise the bulbs were colored white, almost like an icy look to them. I had always thought Actinics were purple bulbs... is this possible, I even asked the...
  10. G

Clownfish has spots near gils.

Clownfish has some spots near his gills. I hope he just injured himself on a rock but I fear it may be a disease. Not sure how long its been going on. He seems healthy is aggressively eating and still bully's a firefish.
  11. G

New use for Stock Skimmer Pump

Hello all, I wanted a new use for the stock skimmer pump, mainly to mix my salt water, aerate it, and to pump it into the tank from a 5 gal bucket so I don't have to break my back and spill it all over the floor anymore. Does anyone know the size tubing which will hook up to the outlet? I...
  12. G

Tunze Nano DOC 9002 Thread.

So if anyone else out there like me has the Tunze Nano 9002 DOC you all might wonder about whether, you have it dialed in right, why your not getting much skimmate, if there is anything you can do about the water level rising above it and it sucking in water when you turn your pumps off to name...
  13. G

My RSM 130. 1st SW Tank. Trials and Tribulations

Hello all I have long looked at your forums but never posted. I started my RSM 130 January of 2010. What a long trip its been. As many RSM owners it is my first venture into SW. I knew very little about SW and reefkeeping and thought an all in one would make things simpler. Not so sure...