New use for Stock Skimmer Pump

Gavin1110

Hello all, I wanted a new use for the stock skimmer pump, mainly to mix my salt water, aerate it, and to pump it into the tank from a 5 gal bucket so I don't have to break my back and spill it all over the floor anymore.

Does anyone know the size tubing which will hook up to the outlet? I measured and it looks like 1". I wanted to confirm this because honestly I'd rather not lug it to the LFS because it's mixing right now.

Also what size tubing is the air vent on the pump, I think it's called "airline" tubing if I remember correctly but I have no idea what diameter that is. Thanks in advance.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The stock skimmer pump makes an excellent SW mix pump - that's what I use mine for. Not sure about the tubing - I just went and measured mine (130 tank) and it looks like both the inlet & outlet are 7/8 inch (outside rim to rim). I'm not sure if that would require 3/4 or 1 inch ID tubing? The airline looks like standard airline size, but I didn't measure it.

It might save your back, but might be a pain hooking up the hose too. Just be sure the hose doesn't pop off or you may have water pumping up into the air. You might even consider getting a low cost water pump to transfer the water up to the tank.

jpsika08

You can use the stock skimmer pump for that and use the skimmer body like this!

717cebeb.jpg

I took this from my skimmer the they we moved :D ROTFLMAO,