Search results

1. M

Canopy or no canopy? Please vote!

+1 No canopy.
  2. M

Another one of my dumb questions!!

Sorry, I have to disagree with Eric. One tank higher than the other CAN cause overflows. 2 tanks at the same height (which is what you want to set up, just with different names) linked with a siphon type tube can NOT overflow. As long as the pump is not too powerful (which you wouldn't want...
  3. M

Another one of my dumb questions!!

A siphon and one pump is way safer than trying to match 2 pumps. Failure of either pump gives you a flood. One pump and 2 siphons is pretty bulletproof as long as each siphon can handle the same volume as the pump can push.
  4. M

Spaghetti worms or something more sinister????

2 and 3 look like Hair worms, no feeding tentacles but quite long gills along the body. Good detritus feeders which burrow in the sand and under rocks.
  5. M

Id's Please??

My pleasure :-) and yours too I think. I have one with plain colour tentacles but no good photo of it. I should add that anything which clicks is not a Mantis or bad. I have a couple of Pistol shrimp which click too and are good fun (as long as your rocks are firmly based because they are...
  6. M

Id's Please??

I took this photo of my Spaghetti which has banded tentacles up to 6inches long. It started off in the coral rubble base but now lives in a rock half way up the tank.
  7. M

Id's Please??

Second one looks like a Spaghetti worm, a useful addition to your CUC.
  8. M

latest hitchers

I'm pretty confident I have good coloured Spaghetti worm here, and a Hair worm which came out for a walk. Never seen that before! Got a mean crab now too, but that one has to go (trap set). :flame:
  9. M

2 invert IDs please

Pretty sure it's a limpet from those photos. No harm in them and not much can eat them either.
  10. M

unknown creature???

Sorry, that's the second one. No idea about the first one.
  11. M

unknown creature???

I'm no expert, but I have a chiton and a limpet and it looks somewhere between those. If it is, it's an algae eater and I regard them as good if slow cleaners. I'm sure there'll be a real expert along soon :-)
  12. M

InWall Tank ideas . . .

+1 for the L with curve, but make it curves for inside and outside corners, not only a sensational tank but also awesome optical effects.
  13. M

My next controller . . .

Just to open the horizon, I got round door/stair issues with a big open steel frame mahogany tread spiral stair. Looks great, does the job and incredibly easy to carry unbelievably big stuff up too. Good luck. Great posts and projects :-)
  14. M

My macro tank pics - some ID help?

+1 for the full tank shot! re-awakened my interest in macros. Beautiful and very healthy looking too.
  15. M

Spikey worm with tentacles ID

Dead ringer for the pale form of my cucumber, photos in "Black Worm" in this forum. Nice friendly hitch hiker.
  16. M

Black worm

4 months on and the Cucumber now takes walks around the tank on supercool sucker feet/legs. Changes colour, feeds well and a pleasure to have as a hitch-hiker. Though I'll probably never know what species, at least I know it's a small one which cohabits peacefully with Clowns, pistol...
  17. M

Electrocuting Mojanos

Hi Paul They hate :angel2: = I love :LOL: Sorry, retired chemistry lecturer coming out in me :square: Been reading your tank history too. Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on a wonderful and honest tank. Way back I ran a coldwater sea tank in Scotland with a lot of...
  18. M

Electrocuting Mojanos

Removing hydrogen ions as hydrogen leaves hydroxide ions behind. You're making them a little caustic soda bath, WAY more vicious than limewater. I like it!!!
  19. M

Electrocuting Mojanos

I think the voltage/current/bubbles is probably a big overkill. 6 or 9 volts gives plenty of chlorine and as it is pure chlorine a bubble or 2 should kill a small anemone. Your nose told you that it has an effect on a big land mammal :-) Great system though, almost wish I had some mojanos :-)
  20. M

Mantis or Pistol shrimp?

If you're lucky it is pistol shrimp. I got some in live rock and I'm very happy with them, great little cleanup crew. Single or sometimes double clicks but not enough to bug me and as they have grown they come out more, like little lobsters. Only down side is they burrow and have tunnels...