Canopy or no canopy? Please vote!

luzblue

Okay, so I bought a custom ELOS tank setup from a guy & spent the last couple weekends refinishing the stand. Now I have a dilemma over whether to keep the canopy or not.

Option 1: Existing canopy with 250W halide + 2 x 34W VHO.

Option 2: No canopy w/ 24" vertex illumina

What's your vote?

Attachments

• rimless.jpg
    rimless.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 66
  • canopy.jpg
    canopy.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 69

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'd say yes to the canopy. With the wight stand, it almost seems as if something is missing without it.

tnwillia

I say use canopy only because your going to have massive bleed over from the lights HQI/T5 Its a way to box in the light... unless you want to light up the room too. Not gotten LEDs yet so I can't go there. Good luck!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm surprised so many say "Canopy" on this one. It's an ELOS system and they are so sexy topless so that's my vote here :) Sans Canopy :)

jessemac

Im new here but have been in the hobby for 2 years now. As for the this choice. It truly is a hard one. Set up looks elegant and pristine with the canopy but cold also look just as nice without. I am opted to say no canopy due to it being a rimless tank, but yes to the canopy for a neat and clean look. honestly cant decide without seeing both.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Bigger pictures:

20700d1318797048-canopy-no-canopy-please-vote-canopy.jpg

20699d1318797047-canopy-no-canopy-please-vote-rimless.jpg

EDIT (Or not...)

well, I'm not a big fan of canopies, topless and barebottom all the way....but in this case the tank looks better with the canopy, makes it stand out more and draws your attention to the tank. So I'm going to vote to leave the canopy on.

Uslanja

We're weighing in on "yes" to the canopy. We usually do not like the look of a canopy but in this case your tank just seems to draw more attention and look better with the canopy on. Maybe it is the colour of the stand and canopy in your room that is doing it.... but "yes" to the canopy.

GlassMunky

I'm with AL, im surprised so many are sayng a canopy..... id go no canopy, and get the lights to hang from above and itll look SUPER sleek with that rimless tank