Search results

1. landshark

Help with replacement pump or skimmer

I have a vertex IN-100 skimmer which have a pump going out. I cant seem to find a replacement which put me at a cross road. :cry1: 1. do a look into buying a new skimmer 2. keep looking for replacement pump?At this point I am open to any suggestion!
  2. landshark

Landshark 120g build

Well I decide to create a build thread for this 120g tank because it’s going to be slow because of my work. I pick up this tank a month ago and have been working on it in my spare time. The dimension are 48” x 24” x 24” which was what I wanted for the space that I have to work with. I am sure...
  3. landshark

New Tank decision

I am looking at starting a new build;:D it’s going to be a 120gal with a 40 breeder sump. I will have to build a stand and hood etc and have the tank drill or do it myself :fingerx::fingerx:. I currently have a 75gal so most of the stuff will transfer if need be. The decision that I have to...
  4. landshark

Deal or not

I was thinking of buying a 120 gallon glass used tank for $250 but wanted to know if you guys think that it's a good deal. It doesn't have any over flow so i would have to drill it.
  5. landshark

I need some advice

I just upgraded my sump because I was have too much problem getting to stuff, and also it was too small for my liken. I had a 29 gallon and upgrade to a 40 gallon breeder which is much bigger and I have more space for my fuge. Do I put the old sand back in the fuge or get new sand? If so what...
  6. landshark

Copepods help

I have a container that I have copepods hatching in and it’s been going great! My problem is that I am having a hard time transfer them from the hatchery to the sump or DT. I have a PLANKTON COLLECTORS net but that seem to be too big, do anyone have a good way of doing the collecting that they...
  7. landshark

Mandarin should I or can I?

I am thinking of buying a mandarin, for my tank and was wondering how to know if you have ample supply of pods to keep it fat and happy. My tank have been up for a year know with no pod eating criters to speak of.
  8. landshark

T5 Bulb Question

Do anyone know the difference between the ATI blue Plus and the ATI AquaBlue special?:help1:
  9. landshark

Tank pros and cons opinions

I have a question that I would like some help with. Here goes, I was thinking of getting a RR 90 gallon tank to replace my 75 gallon tank. What I would like to know is what are the pros and cons of going with a single corner flow verses a middle or dual corners flow.:idea: Any insight would...
  10. landshark

Pump help

Do anyone know where I can find a replacement Hydro Korallia 3 internal suction cup + magnet support ? I have been looking all over but the only thing I am finding is replacement impeller.:cry1:
  11. landshark

Bristle worms size

Ok guys I know that bristle worms are supposed to be good for your tank and all, but what is the largest that you have in your tanks. I swear that I am raising bristle worms that could win trophies’. How large are the worms in your tanks? I have seen some in my tank that could be 2ft long...
  12. landshark

Lighting Question

I am looking to upgrade my lighting on my 75g tank. I have pick out the following a 48 inch 6x54W Sunlight Supply Tek Light High Output Fluorescent Lighting, Hydrofarm 6 Tube T5 Fluorescent Systems, Sun Blaze 4Ft x 6 Lamps T5 Fixture. Let me know what you guys think I am also open to any...
  13. landshark

Coral Banded Shrimp

I have a Coral Banded Shrimp in my thank for about 8 months know, and lately he is starting to pick at the other tank inhabitance. Is there a reason for it? Do I need to start feeding him/her more? I also had a couple of cleaner shimps but they die a few months ago :dead: and I didn’t replace...
  14. landshark

Tank Cleaning

I am looking for a good scraper of something that can clean my 75 gallon glass tank so that I don’t have to reach in it every time I do a water change. I get what look like an oil residue after I clean the tank.:banghead: Also what magnets do you guys used to clean your tanks? :help1: Thanks
  15. landshark

Refugium Question

Ok guy’s I have a simple question that I know that you all will have no problem answering. I have a 75gal tank and a refugium with some live rock, sand and Macro Algae and tons of pods. My question is how are the pods going to get from the refuge to the DT, and if they do by some miracle or...
  16. landshark

Help with Hitchhikers ID

I was redoing my rock scape and found these critters, I need some help with ID, are they OK for my tank or should I get rid of them. If I need to get rid of them,what are the best methods beside from using chemicals. Second pic Thanks for your help
  17. landshark

Newbie refugium question

I need to know what kind of livestock I can put in a refugium that will be benifical to my main tank. I have the following in the refugium already. Live rock, live sand, and Spaghetti Algae (Chaetomorpha)​?
  18. landshark

New Skimmer needed

Ok guys I need your help in deciding on what skimmer to buy to replace my super skimmer on my 75g reef tank which I don't think is doing a good job. I am looking at the following: ASM G1, I-Tech 100 Small ,ES-100 Venturi Protein Skimmer , and Precision Marine Red Line 100. Any help would we...
  19. landshark

Turnover rate

How much turnover do you need in a 75g tank, I have been hearing that you need the tank to turnover 10 to 20 time an hour, is this correct, if so how would one go about calculating this? 75g tank 30g sump 2 clown 12 blue leg hermit 12 snails
  20. landshark

hello

Hello, I,m not new to the fourm but this if the first time posting. Anyway i just upgreaded my saltware fish only 20g to a 75g reef to be tank(in the process). My old tank had sand for the substrate and i am going to use that for my sump and to seed the 75g. I have a question about star...